Chapter 5: The Video

THERE ARE SO MANY NICE LITTLE COMMENTERS EVERWHERE. WAHTTTTT. THANKS SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME ATTENTION.

ALSO LIKE COMMENT AND VOTE AND READ AND ENJOY :D  

--

Ellie

"Sooo..." Angie says through the speaker of my phone. "How'd the first day of school go?"

I laugh wryly while raising the speed on my treadmill.

"Oh, I'll tell you exactly how it went," I say before filling her in on all the horrid details of my first day at Westprep high.

After spending seven horrendous hours at Westprep, I got home and decided to do a long-awaited work out session in my personal weight room. Unfortunately, there were only two machines so there wasn't much I could really do. Jessa had forgotten to tell the macho-mover men to assemble all the other workout equipment which meant I now only had a treadmill and a leg press.  

A few minutes into the workout, Angie called me. Apparently, she was being very serious about making us have two-hour phone calls every day.

"Omg...Wait, hold on," She says before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Let me get this right. So, you threw the biggest shade bomb at a random girl in the middle of the street and she's now in your bio class."

"Yup."

"The whole school thinks you're a freak because you're terrified of men."

"Pretty much."

"And you judo flipped and told off a guy named Chase who is also in your bio class." She finishes.

"And he sits beside me in English," I add.

Seconds of silence pass by before laughter erupts from the speaker of the phone.

"I'm glad my misery amuses you," I say.

"You realize that you've only been in San Francisco for like two days and you've already created a name for yourself there. That's priceless," She jokes.

I roll my eyes.

"But this is crazy news. You've barely spoken to a guy for more than five minutes in the past..what? Eight years?"

"Nine, but who's counting," I say.

"There's no way that you're willing to spend this much time with a guy without there being some hidden motive." Angie states.

"What are you implying..." I start.

"You like him, don't you."

I can envision the smile plastered onto her face. The fact that she even thought for a second that I could feel that way for someone like Chase Milestone makes me want to throw up. She literally couldn't be any further away from the truth.

"Angie! I literally just told you that his existence has made my life ten times worse. Not to mention that he's a total asshole jerkface," I say after pressing the off button on the treadmill. I wait till it slows down before getting off.

"But is he hot though?" Angie asks.

I grab my phone off the console of the treadmill and gag into the speaker.

"You're so dramatic," She says.

I scoff.

The girl who got mad that I didn't call 911 when she'd fallen off her bike and scraped her ankle is calling me dramatic.