Chapter 3: First Day Jitters

A/N:

Hi there! I haven't said this a lot but please don't forget to vote and comment and like and subscribe and thumbs up and high five! (The whole Shabang)

^cause it lets me know if people like these chapters and I feel all happy and warm when I get comments and votes :D (SO VOTE. DO IT. DO ITTTT)

--

Ellie

 I agreed to moving 2,000 miles away from the comfort of my own home. I, however, did not agree to board a 5-hour flight to San Francisco on a Friday night and then spending the next two days unpacking. Moving large boxes around our new home was not the ideal way I planned to spend my weekend. Especially since I'm starting school on Monday.

I know that I said I wanted to attend Westprep as soon as possible but give a girl a day to breathe.

On a much happier note, I am extremely impressed with the apartment that Jessa got us. Precisely because it was more of a condo townhouse than an actual apartment. The first floor of the townhouse is a large living room with tall ceilings and huge glass windows. It has two extra rooms which will be used as an office for Jessa and the other as a weight room for me. The second floor harbors our rooms and washrooms. Jessa got the enormous master bedroom after hours spent on us bickering about it. She pulled the 'I pay the bills' card and it was an easy loss on my part.

"Okay, we're definitely done for today. We'll have to hire some guys to help us assemble the tv's, beds, and couches." Jessa says after she closes the pantry.

I nod my head in agreement. I'm tired of using a sleeping bag in place of my soft, cozy bed. "Alright, then let's call the people that assemble furniture."

"...I may have already done that." Jessa squeaks.

"Without telling me!?"

"Only because I thought you were going to say no and honestly my arms were not built for heavy lifting, Ellie," Jessa says, lifting her arms up as if to prove her point.

She was right, even though I'm trying to get over my phobia, the idea of having large men marching into our condo and moving things around doesn't exactly sound appealing. I probably would have used every excuse in the book to get her to change her mind if she'd asked me earlier. However, seeing as we were both exhausted from lifting boxes all day, I decided to let this one slide.

In fact, I was going to use this to my advantage.

"Fine, but you have to hand over your car keys and your credit card," I say feeling smug.

"Excuse me?" She replies with an arched eyebrow.

"You heard me, Jessa. You know I can't stay here while they're here. Or do you want a reenactment of what happened a few weeks ago?" I say as I too arch my brow.

She lets out an irritated groan as she reaches into her bag on the kitchen counter and pulls out her car keys. My hand reaches out as she places the car keys in my palm. I notice her not-so-discreet eye roll as she says, "They should be done assembling everything in about 3 hours so be in the lobby by 9. I'll text you when they're gone."

"That's great and everything but you still haven't given me your credit card," I say innocently.

"But you have your own," she whines.

"I have a crippling fear of men and I have moved away from the comfort of an all-girls boarding school to some random town in San Francisco where-"

"Okay, okay, jheez," she sighs and hands over her credit card.

"Thanks, love you." I giggle, dragging out the u. I turn on my heel and grab my phone off the counter before I walk out the door.