Author's Note: Thank You :)

Start from the beginning

There are four semblances of death that show up from there. Homocidal, Accidental, Degenerative, Suicidal. The inspiration behind that had to do with Lauren's claim that Silent Hill's purpose was to prevent death.

- 1) The man who murders those women and becomes terrified when he lays eyes on the girls
- 2) The child who ends up dying from the crash in Ch.3
- 3) The old man with dementia who despite not being dead by the end, clearly has some other issues for himself
- 4) The boy who stands by the edge of the ocean with some pretty dark intentions

Those triangles that make up the necklace, and just triangles on their own become a pretty important symbol carried through the rest of the book.

There are three instances where Camila sees herself with green eyes. Her doppelgänger, the young girl who believed she was her mother, and the suicidal boy. Three points to a triangle.

When she's explaining herself to Camila, Lauren claims "Because for every unit of light, there is a unit of dark. And for every unit of life, there is a unit of death." (Ch.22)

Centralia actually exists, and it's creepy as all fuck. There's actually a coal fire burning underneath the ground, expelling gasses that make it inhospitable for people and prone to cave-ins.

The word "fledgling" refers to someone or something that is underexperienced, immature, underdeveloped or young. It's used to describe newly risen vampires and baby werewolves. The root word "fledge" means nestling.

That weeping angel is in Lauren's mirage for a reason. The angel wings on their backs and the lost, crying notion all connect together

Lauren's power isn't to control wind or bend air, but to control raw kinetic force. Her mutation was fostered by Clara, using the air as a viable medium as to not attract attention from higher-ups. When Camila says the one word she sees in Lauren's eyes is "power", that raw force is what she's seeing.

Lauren mentions she sees heartbreak in Dinah's eyes. Camila claims to herself by the end Dinah has a gift of showing people the best parts of themselves. Dinah also controls fire, which is associated with ferocity, warmth and passion.

Mike knows right away that Camila's going to end up being more than just support as the two of them leave the city. He's got an air of wisdom to him right off the bat.

Lauren's desire to bring Clara home stems from watching Camila break apart due to losing her own mother.

Camila's mutation may have come from Lauren, and may have come from the electric net. I like to believe it was a mix of both, for without the net Camila would have ended up with different abilities. The net induced an an elemental change to electricity.

I wanted the fighting to reflect a mix of old fashion sword fights and more modern style combat. There are guns involved, but fledglings are impervious to bullet wounds.

The idea of "enhanced sight, heightened subconscious and enhanced physical abilities" comes from the supposed testing.

The painting in Ch.31 is just another element to push the idea of a reversal. Jason seems pretty irrelevant at this point, but he was always meant to be an answer to Lauren's seemingly endless healing factor. That painting is actually something you can find in the real capitol building in Harrisburg, it's embedded on the ceiling.

Normani is a boss in a literal and metaphorical sense. She's meant to counter Camila's headstrong personality with her own in a way none of her friends happened to.

Ally is a pacifist. She uses her eyes and gentle personality to heal rather than hurt. In the potential sequel, I want Ally to play a pretty important role.