7. Alive and kicking

Alex' pov

My love was back, she was awake and responding. I finally had Maggie back in my arms.

"Oh, baby. I missed you so much!" I expressed out of joy.

"I would never ever leave you, honey." Maggie replied.

"You scared me so bad. Don't do that again, it's not good for me and the baby."

"It's a boy?" Maggie surprisedly asked.

"It's a little baby boy. We're having a son." I answered with a smile.

"Come here in my arms. I had to miss your kisses for a while."

I put my purse aside and crawled into bed with her. We cuddled for a few minutes when Kara came in with some sandwiches.

"Oh, God. Maggie, you're awake!!!" Kara looked shocked.

"Nice to see you too, little Danvers." Maggie replied.

"I'm going to get the others. They will be happy to see you."

"Good idea, Kara."

Kara quickly ran to the waiting room and came back with all of our friends.

"Hello, guys. Nice to see you again." Maggie commented.

"Hello, Agent Sawyer. How are you feeling?" J'onn asked.

"I'm doing alright, besides the circumstances. My chest hurts, that's all."

"That's normal, you had a bullet in your chest but I was able to remove it." J'onn replied.

"Thank you for saving my life, I owe you one."

"It's okay, you're family."

"Oh, princess. I'm so glad you're back." Robert said.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Maggie asked.

"I came as soon as I heard it. Well, your sister- in- law brought me. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Now, let's give Agent Sawyer some rest. She'll need it." J'onn ordered.

"Can I stay with you, honey?" I asked.

"Of course, I need you with me."

Everyone left us alone, and it was just Maggie and I in that room. I crawled back in bed with her and held her tight.

A few weeks later

Alex: 19 weeks pregnant

Maggie's pov

I'm back home with Alex, it felt good to sleep in my own bed. I'm back at the DEO but I'm on desk duty because I'm not ready to work on the field yet, I've still got some pain in my chest. I had a day off so I slept late for once.

"Hey, baby. It's time to get up." Alex said softly.

"What time is it?" I replied.

"It's ten a.m, time to get up. It's a special day."

"I know. Happy one- year anniversary, Alex."

"I wanted to say that first." and she kissed me.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Nothing special, because you still have some pain and I'm pregnant."

"Oh, yeah." and I slowly lifted up Alex's shirt. You could see a little baby bump, I softly kissed her belly.

"Hello, little nugget." I said to her belly.

"What about having a dinner at Castillo?" Alex suggested.

"Sounds wonderful, as long as I'm with you." and I lovingly kissed Alex's lips.

We made breakfast together, we enjoyed of each other's company so much. I was happy to have Alex as my wife. We decided to walk around in National City but, we stopped by Kara's apartment first. She was there with Winn, he moved in a few days ago. They looked very happy, and Kara couldn't stop blushing. After our walk, we went back to the apartment to change in some other clothes to go to Castillo.

"Hey, baby. Can you help me?" Alex asked.

"Yes, what do I have to do?" I replied.

"Can you zip up my dress?"

"Of course." I answered. "You look beautiful."

"No, I look fat."

"You're not fat, you're pregnant. You look beautiful as ever."

"If you say so."

"Hey, come here. I don't care that you look fat, you look beautiful to me. That's the only thing that matters."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

After dinner

We went back to our apartment after a great night together. I really missed those moments with Alex. We put our stuff aside and cuddled in the couch.

"I can't believe that it's been a year of marriage." Alex commented.

"Me neither. It's been the best year of my life." I replied.

"It's going to be even better, when we'll have this one." and she pointed to her belly.

"Yes, it's going to be great." and I put my hand on Alex's belly.

And then, I felt it. I quickly removed my hand and looked into Alex's eyes.

"Did you feel that?" I asked.

"Yes, that was a kick. Our boy's kicking." she joyfully replied.

"Already practising in mommy's belly." I joked.

"He's going to be a little agent."

"Our little agent."