Freaky Friday

"I'm freaking out."

"Don't freak out." Cam responded.

"I'm freaking out."

"Blake, love, calm down." Cam reached out and tugged on the back of my bra until I was standing over him, probably looking like I'd aged ten years before his eyes.

"I can't calm down." I shook my head, "I'm meeting my sister, Cameron. The sister I didn't know about, and she. . . she has a husband and kids and. . ." He brought his fingers beneath my chin and closed my mouth before I could go on, his thumb brushing against my bottom lip.

"It's going to be okay." He said slowly, eerily calm himself, "Your sister won't care what you wear." I groaned, throwing myself on to the bed beside him, snuggling my face against his shoulder.

"She will care." I whispered.

"Blake, she wants to meet you, not your clothes. Anything you wear will be fine, I promise." I pushed myself up, looking down at him. My gut twisted inside out as I let my fingers trail along the bruises on his face. I guess some part of me had expected them to vanish over night with the pain, but nothing had changed.

"I hate it when you're right." He smiled playfully.

"Then you must hate me a lot." I leaned forward and felt his lips brush against mine, but he pulled away before a kiss could follow.

"Camero-"

"I checked the wastebasket because you seemed a little too sidetracked." He said, staring up blankly at the ceiling, "There was nothing in there."

I sat up, my nails digging into my comforter.

"Maybe you can take that Morning After pill thing. Get ri-"

"No." I shook my head, "I'm not killing a child, fetus or not." I thought I'd see anger or disappointment, but he only sighed.

"I figured." He mumbled.

"Cam, how can neither of us remember-"

"I don't know. I wish I could rack my brain repeatedly and tell you I did remember. But I can't. It's like a blank spot in my brain when I try to recall it." I took in a deep breath, forcing a smile on to my face.

"There's no point in beating ourselves up for it. It's done, and if it happened, then it happened. We won't know for at least another few weeks. Right now I need to get ready and we need to figure out how the hell I'm supposed to get you into a suit."

*

"I like pizza. Pizza is good." Cam chuckled to himself, earning a confused look out of me.

Had Mom given him another one of those pills?

"Blake, honey, Wesley's waiting out in the driveway for you." Mom broke through the front door with a small smile, making a gesture with her head over her shoulder.

I saw Cam look up from the TV and toward the open door at the mention of Wes' name, his face falling into an emotionless mask.

The last thing I needed was for Wes to try and make another move on me right now, but I knew him well enough to realize he wasn't going to leave unless I talked to him.

"I'll be right back." I ducked out the door, slowing as I reached the steps and met an uncomfortable Wes at the bottom of them.

He still didn't look. . . healthy. His skin was still ashen, almost no color in his cheeks, making his piercing blue eyes striking against the paleness.