Chapter 17- But Our Hearts Will Always Swell

Começar do início

“You are right, its David’s fault.” He said in between a laugh, causing both of us to go into giggles again.

“Yes it is!” I said after I was able to breathe again, and just like that, everything was fixed, the twinkle in Lucio’s eyes back in full shine. In the background the doorbell rang, causing us to come to a full stop.

“It’s probably Anne that forgot something, go get it I’ll start cooking us something for lunch.”

“Vale!” Lucio said with a thumbs up as he walked away towards the door. I opened the fridge looking for ingredients I could use, thankfully it wasn’t hard, and Lucio’s fridge was fully stocked with everything imaginable. I was in the middle of taking out chicken breasts and bell peppers when Lucio came rushing in.

“Hablando del Rey de Roma! He’s here.” Speak of the devil Lucio said again starting to laugh.

“What?” I almost shouted.

“He’s here.”

“Where?”

“He was right behind me.”

“You led him here! Lucio! You could’ve kept him in the living room, instead of here!”

“Lucio?” I heard David call out coming closer.

“Lucio! I really really don’t want to see him right now! What do I do?” his footsteps were so close, I could hear each and every one.

“I don’t know!” he looked to the side and open a cabinet door, and shoved me in. “Good thing you’re small! Now stay quiet.” Lucio told me from the slits in the door, but of course I could see out, but he couldn’t see in.

I was about to protest when I saw David step in the room, looking the very much flawless he was. I was still a little stung from the last time I had seen him, but I couldn’t stop my mind from admiring his beauty.

“A quien le hablas, loco?”Who are you talking to? He asked Lucio, a smirk adorning his face.

“Myself. I was going to cook, but then I remembered I can’t.” Lucio said without missing a beat.

“Hmn. Let me help you.” He replied, now with a sincere smile as he rolled his sleeves up and walking over to wash his hands.  After he was done, he set to work on cutting up the bell peppers, sautéing them in a skilled with the chicken, exactly how I had told him a few weeks ago.

“Si tenemos un verdadero chef en el equipo o que?” We have a chef in the squad? Lucio asked teasingly.

“Not at all, I just pay close attention to what Alex tells me.” He replied with a sad smile.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, what’s going on with you two?”

“I’ve screwed up. Again. Around her, I can’t ever get anything right.” He sighed, resting his elbows on the kitchen counter.

“Why? What happened?” Lucio asked, then quickly sending a wink in my direction.

“Long story.” David trailed off, walking again to stir the food.

“She rejected you didn’t she!” he asked.

“Yes. No. I don’t know. She just kind of left.”

“And how does that make you feel.”

David shot a warning look towards Lucio before laughing. He went on to tell Lucio everything, and Lucio nodded and raised an eyebrow in all the right parts, as if he was hearing the story for the first time.

“So why didn’t you tell her outright?”

“I don’t know… well because of Mariah. I’ve known her all my life, she’s like a sister to me, a daughter to my parents, and what if Alex didn’t like me? I would have told her for nothing. I was torn, damned if I did, damned if I didn’t.”

“You like her a lot, don’t you?”

“Too much for my own good.”

“If she were to give you a chance, would you ever lie to her again?” Lucio said, again with a smile in my direction.

“Never, I wouldn’t dream of it. I’d treat her like a queen, just like she deserves.” He replied looking out the window. “Lucio, tienes una taza en tu cesped…” You have a cup in the middle of your yard.

“Si?” Lucio asked leaning over to look. I scoot over to see if he was right, and sure enough, the cup that Anne had been drinking out of was out there.

“Let me go get that, I’ll be right back.” Lucio said, jogging over to the door and heading out to retrieve it.

David turned his attention to the skillet he had been cooking in and was about to turn it off when he suddenly started looking for something. “Sal. Sal. Sal.”Salt. Salt. Salt. He repeated over and over, looking for a saltshaker. He opened various cabinets and cupboards before looking towards the cabinet that I was in. I held my breath as he started walking towards me, taking his time. He had his hand on the door’s handle when he made one last look around.

“Oh mira, ahi esta.”Oh there it goes. He said, spotting the saltshaker that stood on top of the breakfast table and walking towards it.

I let out the breath I had been holding and swiped an imaginary bead of sweat off of my forehead. Big mistake. My arm on its way down accidently  knocked over a broom that had been standing next to me, and consequently made a very loud crash when it landed on the floor. David immediately spun around and briskly walked towards the door. I closed my eyes in anticipation of what was to come. When I opened my eyes, two green ones were staring back.

“Alex?”

~*~*~*~

Hi.

Was that a quick upload or what?(: Its short, but I wanted to spoil y'all,and I was happy to see Doni and Daniel playing(: Haha, anyways, tell me what you think is going to happen next?! Will Alex forgive De Madrid? Should he finally ask her out? Should I start on my 12 page paper that is due next week? Comment and vote if you want(:

Till next time,

YNWA