But it would be really nice.. wouldn't it?? The little voice softly suggested almost as if knowing that I would question it.

I considered it for a second and smiled slightly before I tried to say something, mouthing words, trying to find my voice but all I heard was nothing. I couldn't get anything out.

Storm leaned towards me, kissed my forehead and walked away as I, along with the whole corridor stood in complete and utter awe.

It wasn't long before Kiara found out. It had totally slipped my mind how gossip at school spread faster than an open field fire on a hot and windy day.

I was so caught up or high on bliss that I hadn't noticed Kiara and her entourage approaching me. They were coming out of the second exit from the hall. By the time I actually had noticed, it was too late.

Well, I'm not sure what it was too late for but there was no running away now. I thought while Jessica and I exchanged a questioning look then turned back to face Kiara and "the posse."

Kiara was already in tears. Angry. Screaming in a higher pitched voice than her usual. For a moment, I wasn't sure if she was actually breaking down or confronting me really, and it didn't take me long to realise that it was a bit of both.

Well, a lot of both.

I just stared at her for a while. I watched the tears rolling down her face, her facial expressions changing, her mouth moving.

I was fully aware that the sound of words were coming out of her mouth, but immune to actually hearing them. I didn't say anything, I tried to hold back the urge I felt to laugh. Not because of her tantrum but because I had somehow tuned her out, almost completely.

I heard nothing she said and was still saying. Not one word of it and I was happy about it. Because, not only did it mean that I didn't care what she thought but also that I was so blissfully infatuated with the idea of this "Sky and Storm" or "Storm and Sky" that everyone else seems to be intrigued by too, that I genuinely didn't care what anyone else thought either. I wasn't sure whether that had been a good or bad thing but it was how I felt.

Jessica had noticed that I had zoned out and that it wouldn't take long before Kiara would too. Being the best best friend she could be, she also noticed that Ashley Bron,  was already trying to tell Kiara, who wouldn't give her best friend the chance to explain or interrupt her emotional outburst.

Jess moved behind me and nudged me in the back. But, even that hadn't snapped me out of it, what did, however, was when the door in the far corner behind Kiara had swung opened and behind it stood none other than Storm Thorburn.

I couldn't help but to smile. This time, Kiara noticed and she, as well as everyone else turned their heads to where I had been looking, wanting to figure out why I had felt the need to smile in the middle of such a serious and dramatic conversation or confrontation, rather, also because I had left Kiara to have the entire conversation by herself. 

Storm gracefully walked over from the hall's exit to where I was standing, as the gathered crowd seperated, making a path from where he stood until he was right infront of me.

He smiled at me, that mischievous, contagious, bad boy yet innocent kind of smile that somehow felt as though it was reserved just for me.

I could feel the heat slowly making it's way to my cheeks and I wanted to look away but he's smile, that smile, it held me there, I couldn't break contact and just looked at him with what I hoped was a blank expression.

Seconds before I was about to blush, he broke eye contact, leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Sometimes the best reponse is no response."

I blushed realising that he knew how I had zoned out. I felt a little embarrassed but the fact that he had made a joke of it was kind of comforting to me.

It wasn't he's usual "bad boy" was of turning things into a joke, it was in sole effort to make me feel less embarrassed. I liked that.

He then turned to face Kiara and said, "All that attention you've been searching for, give it to yourself, Kiara."

She was frantic and looked as though she was about to throw a tantrum. We could all see it coming and before she did, Storm took my hand in he's and pulled me off. And I let him.

He took me to quiet coner of the school ground, abandoned. He motioned he's head to he's left, for me stand next to him and I quickly listened.

He started the conversation so easily, so simple.. all he said was, "Coffee,"

I looked up at him, unsure of what he meant but almost sure at the same time. I smiled at him, almost giggling as I realized that he had arranged for some boy a few years below us to bring us each a coffee from the cafeteria.

He shared some words with the boy and then sent him off again.

So, the bad boy has connections. I thought, smiling down at my coffee.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the amazing scent the coffee let out before looking back up to Storm who was now watching me and asked, "How did you know?"

"I may be a lot of things, Sky Grayson, but blind is not one of them." He says casually and I just look at him in shock.. trying to ruffle through my head to figure out if I had ever seen him looking at me before because I know for a fact that I'm not that easy to figure out. Which means he must have been watching me for a while to know that.

"At least not when it comes to you." he adds with he's favourite smirk.

I laugh, obviously challenging him on this before sarcastically asking, "So what else do you claim to know about me, tough guy?"

As to my surprise he lists a few things about me that just happens to be true amongst the many other random shots he took at guessing what else he could 'claim' to know about me.

Before I knew it we were laughing harder than ever. I felt like I had slightly dropped the guard I never consciously really held up but nevertheless was there, I let him see emotion on my face letting my emotions match he's and he did the same as we shared our stories.

I felt happy. For the first time in a long time because it was so rare when a guy just gets it, when they get what you're passionate about and they feel the same, you guys just click and you want to learn more about each other and you end up talking for ages, totally losing track of time.

I liked talking to him, knowing that neither of us had any hidden agenda, not having to make a conscious effort to get to know one another, because it was already happening naturally..

Normally long pointless conversation are exhausting to me and never as worthwhile as a more meaningful one, not rushed. One where you don't have to scuffle through your head for the next topic when you've barely started the first.

The type of conversation where every single topic somehow leads to another. There are no awkward moments, or awkward silence, the conversation just flows.

It makes you appreciate conversations more, the good one's at least, the type of pure appreciation that makes all other encounters and conversations with other people seem like cheap imitations, well, that's what the conversation with Storm made me feel.

But, even though everything in my life was going great because of Storm, somehow, I had a feeling that I hadn't heard the end of Kiara, not yet..  And I was right. I was always right.

***

So, Kiara?? Do you guys hate her as much as I do?? No? Not yet?? Oh, but you will..

Vote, Fan, Comment, Questions,  Suggestions, PM?? They're all welcomed,  wanted and encouraged. :)