Chapter 10: Mundane Scum or Realtime Hero

Author's Note: Okay just wanted to say that I already wrote out Chapter 11 and if you don't pay attention carefully to whats in Chapter 10 then Chapter 11 won't make any sense. So pay attention to little details...they may be major details afterwards.

Clary gasped. Venice. She would have never guessed. But then again it makes sense. Venice equals water, water equals no tracking, and no tracking equals no means of rescue.

'Venice?' Jace sounded stunned. 'Where in Venice?'

'Well, lets see. I don't know! You know there's not some big sign saying 'You are Here. Take a left and two rights to get to your shadowhunter boyfriend and family!''

'Okay, just give me a sec to update everybody.'

'Okay, I'm gonna look around some more.'

'Be careful.'

'Yeah, Yeah.' Clary pulled herself away from the window and walked to the nightstand by the bed. There was a small drawer inside the stand.Clary reached out and pulled gently on the knobs, pulling the drawer open. As she pulled it open, Clary peered over her shoulder making sure no one was there. No one was. When Clary turned back to the drawer it was fully opened. It was mostly empty, besides for a few papers and a weird rock sticking out under them. Clary lifted the papers and saw that the rock was actually a stele. She grabbed the stele and pushed the drawer back. Se stuffed the stele into her pocket and ran to the wall. When she was a foot away she tripped and banged her shoulder on the wall, ripping part of her shirt.

"Fuck," Clary winced at her shoulder. She looked to see that she tripped on her Ice cream tub she left on the floor. She growled and got back up, holding her shoulder. After Clary got fully up she reached into her pocket pulling out her stele. Clary frantically started drawing runes on the wall. After a minute the wall turned watery blue. A portal. Without a second thought Clary jumped into the portal. The sensation of dropping stunned Clary, no matter how many times she portals somewhere the sensation never changed. Before Clary knew it she was on her side on the ground, her bare arm scraping the hard scratchy ground below her. There was a sudden rush of wind, loose papers and leaves brushed up against her. Clary got up and looked around. She was in an abandoned alley, somewhere.

"Where am I?" She asked herself. Clary heard footsteps and laughter from behind her. The voices were male, and by the sounds of it there seemed to be about three. Clary turned around and saw a bunch of mundane men coming form the entrance to the alley she was in. Clary looked back over her shoulder and saw the alley was a dead end. She turned back to the guys who stopped and was examining her from a far.

"Well,Well,Well." One of the men stepped forward, holding a beer bottle in both his hands. "What do we have here?" Another man behind him answered.

"It looks like we have a pretty one tonight. Young too." The man grinned at her, Clary just rolled her eyes in response.

"Zeke," The guy who stepped forward, looking over his shoulder to a person on his right. "Look at those legs." Zeke turned back around stepping more towards Clary.

"You're right," Zeke looked up and down her body. "She looks flexible." Zeke handed his beers to the guy on his right. "Now, Whats your name sweet thang?" He bit his lip looking at her. Clary took a big gulp. Jace had taught her how to fight demons, but never how to fend off mundane rapists.

"Who's asking?" Clary voice was shaking, but she still put all her confidents into what she said.

"Oh," Zeke put his hand over his heart, fake looking sorry. "I almost forgot to introduce us." He pointed to the guy on his right. "This is Uriah." Zeke switched his hands and pointed to the guy on his left. "And this is my brother Hunter." He pointed away from hunter and to me. "And you are." Zeke took a step closer.