Chapter 3: I am near

Alec opened his eyes and found Magnus curled up right next to him, like he normally did before the brake up. Alec missed him and now he knows that Magnus missed him too.

"Morning Sparkles." Alec said hoping to wake Magnus up.

"Sparkles, really is that the best you can think of?"

"I just wanted to give it a try." Alec kissed Magnus on the forehead. "I'm gonna take a shower."

"Okay blue eyes ill start making breakfast!"

Alec waved to Magnus then hopped in the shower. Magnus got up, got dressed and started making pancakes, while chairman meow rubbed up against his leg. Once the pancakes were done Magnus crept into his room and laid out an outfit for Alec and left it on the bed. Magnus quickly rushed out of there when he heard the water shut off.

Alec came out wearing a blue long sleeve sweater and dark black jeans with a sparkly neon belt. Alec didn't really like what he was wearing but he knew Magnus did so he decided to suck it up and wear it for the day.

Clary woke up to see Jace next to her as she always did. She removed his arm from her waist, slowly so she didn't wake him. She removed his arm completely off of her and got off the bed and went to her room to get dressed. She shifted through her she left at the institute. After a minute she found a small black slit dress and some fishnet legging's. She wanted to surprise Jace by taking him and the others to the Pandemonium were they first met for their anniversary. Even though she planned on going later today she decided he wanted to gawk over her all day and change into more of a clubbing dress later. Clary grabbed her stele off the dresser and noticed an unopened letter under it. Puzzled she opened it and read:

I am near.

Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern.

Clary almost dropped her stele when she heard a knock on the door. Before she could say anything Jace opened the door and peaked his head through. Remembering the letter she shoved it in her drawer before he turned on the lights.

"Morning beautiful." Jace said in the doorway. "How long have you been up?"

"Not long. Maybe 10 minutes."

Jace stepped into the room and closed the door walking towards her. 'Wow, are trying to make my heart stop or something?" He asked eyeing her attire.

Confused, Clary almost asked what he was talking about when she suddenly remembered what she was wearing. She was trying to think of something smart Jace would say in these moments, to get the subject off her dress and her plans for tonight, but why was she worried she already told everyone but Jace that they were all going and to make sure nobody told him. "Oh, you mean this old thing, I didn't really have anything else to wear so I thought ' what the hell, right.'" But quickly added. "And I did promise you fishnets....so... it's a win, win!" She said gesturing to her legs.

He chuckled still examining her. "Well I'm gonna change, ill be back in a couple of minutes." With that he opened the door closing it as he headed out towards his room. As soon as he left, Clary opened her dresser and took out the letter. 'I need to tell him, so do it now.' She kept thinking to herself. After a minute passed by she put the letter in her pocket and headed to Jace's room. When she opened the door Jace didn't have a shirt on but was rummaging through his drawer looking for a one. As soon as Clary entered Jace turned around to see it was just her. She didn't know if he could see the distress on her face but she knew she had to tell them about the letter whether she liked it or not.

"Jace." She said in a little voice. "Can I talk to you?" Even if he couldn't see the distress in her face before, she could tell he noticed it in her voice now.

"Yeah Clary, What's wrong?" His grin turned from happy to concerned.

Clary walked over and sat on the bed. Jace forgetting about his shirt, went to join her. He sat down while she pulled out a slit of paper from her dress pocket. She handed it to him. "This, I found in my room when I came in to change." She said while he opened it.

It took Jace a second to read it, but when he was done he stood up handed Clary back the letter and started pacing around the room with his hands on his head. Jace was mumbling to himself angrily.

"I am near? What is that Jackass thinking... fucking sending you this, on our anniversary none the less! I'm gonna kill that bastard if that's the last thing I do!" Jace was getting angrier and started glowing with Heavenly fire.

"Jace, your glowing just calm down!" Clary said walking up to Jace.

Clary had almost thought that Jace forgot about their anniversary being today, but it made her happy that he didn't.

"You, know your right. It's our anniversary I am not gonna let that sick bastard ruin it for us." Jace said turning towards Clary. After letting his steam blow he turned back to a more romantic glow that lit the room. It didn't seem like the glow was hot like it normally is, that it was more dreamy and enchanted type of glow. To test her theory she went to the drawer picked up a shirt and handed it to him, she was right, when he touched her hand to take the shirt he wasn't hot at all it was warm, cool, and sweet. Jace put his shirt on and walked hand in hand to the kitchen seeing every one, but Alec, eating breakfast. Jace felt bad for his Parabati he is taking his break up with Magnus really hard but since last night he did feel sad he could tell because what he feels Jace feels, so that must be a good sign.

"Hey the lovebirds are finally up!" Jordon said flaunting his donut. Clary sat down Jace along side of her and reached for a donut.

"So, how long have you guys been up?" Asked Clary between bites.

"Not long maybe a half an hour." Maia replied.

Clary got up and gestured Jace to follow, which he did. She lead him to the fridge to look for milk, that hasn't expired yet. "Jace we need to tell them about the note while their all here together!" Clary said checking the expiration dates on the back of the milk cartons.

"Okay" he quickly said. "Oh and if your looking for unexpired milk, I would stop, there isn't any!" Jace made that last remark mockingly. Clary shrugged put down the milk she was looking at and settled for orange juice instead.

They both walked back to the table to have walked into an awkward silence. 'Perfect time to get their attention, I guess" Clary thought to herself.

Clary still standing, by her seat, cleared her voice to get their attention. "I have something I need to show you all." She said nervously. Her hands were shaking as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the letter and threw it to the center of the table. Izzy was the first one to reach it. She read it with a horrified face, which you rarely see on her, then she threw back on the table. Simon picked it up after her but he read it out loud.

"I am near. Signed Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern."

After Alec and Magnus was finished with breakfast. Alec's phone rang. He picked it up and saw it was his sister calling. He showed the caller I.D. to Magnus before he answered it.

"Hey Iz, What's up?"

"Alec you need to come down here to the institute right away we have something to show you!" For once Izzy's voice sounded more horrified then excited, 'I wonder what's got her all worked up' Alec asked himself in his head.

"Yeah sure, ill be there in 15 minutes."

"Okay and bring Magnus with you!"

Alec hung up before he could ask how she knew he was over at Magnus's. Then he remembered sending her a text say they made up after he left. Alec told Magnus that they were needed at the institute and that they needed to get there fast. They both grabbed their coats before heading out the door and headed towards the institute.