[14] Let Go Of Her

Începe de la început

Sasha – The only female member of the group: apathetic stare and atrocious intentions.

Zenix – Monster of the group: an irresistible desire for trouble and an anger issue needed to be taken care of.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" Their leader and the most dangerous out of all of them, Gene, retorts. Signaling low deep laughter from Sasha and the dark change of expression from Zenix.

"Look, I don't want any trouble, I just want to go back to class, okay?" I say confidently, hoping my nervousness doesn't foreshadow. "Well, we want trouble, and you just happen to be our subject of interest..." Gene replies as their whole gang takes a step towards me, and for some reason – always happens when I don't need it to happen – my feet are planted on the floor.

I can't even utter out a remark like I usually do!

"Zenix?" They suddenly stop as a sly smirk spreads across Gene's face as he faces Zenix, ushering him to do something. "Don't mind if I do," Zenix then walked terrifying steps towards me, the other two still planted on their spots like me. My eyes widen in fear as he got closer, cracking his knuckles as a grin plasters his lips.

I would usually run or say something... or, maybe... maybe punch him right now! Why can't I do it?!

A barely audible shriek escaped my parted lips as he grabbed my arm harshly. He was too damn strong! I tried hitting him and pulling away but it wouldn't work!

Someone, please help me...

"LET GO OF HER!"

My eyes widen in shock as I lost balance and almost stumbled from the loss of contact...

ZANE?!

There I saw... Zane wearing a wolf-like expression as he alarmingly slammed Zenix onto a nearby locker; him holding him up by the neck... choking him.

It took me another second to realize before I started pushing Zane to stop, "Zane, Zane... that's enough! I'm fine already!" I cried as passionately as I could, luckily, he stopped; releasing Zenix before he fell to the floor, gagging and grabbing onto oxygen to breathe... back arched and tears brimming the edge of his eyes.

"My, my, Ro'Meave... Never thought you had it in you," Gene smirks, taking a step closer to Zane as Sasha helps Zenix up, his coughs mere figments in the background.

I was there, in the background as well... completely and utterly useless.

"Why the realm were you guys threatening Aphmau?" Zane says, changing the topic.

"It seemed fun... a little kitty running around the halls, afraid." Growling from the evident smirk of Gene, Zane suddenly pounced at him, fortunately, I held onto him to prevent that from happening.

Looking at my sad eyes, he sighs, "Take this as a sign to never mess with Aph again..." Zane speaks as he points towards the coughing figure of Zenix, a mark stretching across his neck as the emblem for the severity of his choke.

Gene grins once more before eyeing me, then eyeing Zane, scoffing, he ushers Sasha to help a somewhat recovered Zenix up. Retreating going to the spot they were supposed to head to.

"Have it your way, Ro'Meave..." Those were Gene's last words.

I suddenly felt body warmth as I was engulfed into a hug by Zane, burying his face into my hair.

"Z-Zane?" I stutter, being a bit muffled by his uniform. "Didn't Teony say to hug you every time you look sad?" Zane says as he chuckles a bit, earning a smile from me. "I won't ever let those guys mess with you again, Aph... got it?" Zane says seriously, as he hugs me tighter.

And I swear...

I felt blush on my cheeks...

WHY AM I BLUSHING?

"Heh... umm, well, I-I'm actually surprised no one, not even a teacher saw what happened..." I say, not replying to his statement. And for some reason, it felt empty when he separated from the hug to look at me.

"You're right... you better head back to class..." Zane says as he smiles at me, mirroring his gaze, I nod my head.

Both of us heading towards different classes, we finally separated...

As I walked down the halls, the only thing reflecting on my mind was Zane's sweet words...

I won't ever let those guys mess with you again, Aph... got it?

Entering class, I took a seat down, no one noticing how long I must've been gone.

Well, except for one person.

Dante, my seatmate.

"You were gone long, you sure you're okay?" Dante whispers to me as he looks at me with a confused-slash-concerned expression.

"I'm fine, Dante, don't worry..." I giggle a bit as he chuckles, leaning back to his place.

Because no way in realm am I going to tell Dante that his brother and his gang threatened and attacked me.

~~~~~

HEY! NEXT CHAPTER UP! I hope I'm making up for the lost time! *crosses finger*

Anyway, I hope this chappie is cute and sweet as I hope it turned out to be.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT & VOTE. OH AND ALSO SHARE AND ADD THIS TO YOUR LIBRARIES WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! :D

Thanks guys! Love lots!