Chapter 6 - Trust?

"You want to talk to me? No, you're meant to talk to Daichi." Hinata blurted, looking at me very confused like.
"Well...If I wanna get out of here I have no choice right? But I feel like If I talk to you first then maybe I'll get the confidence to go to Daichi..."
"Uhh-sure. If that's what you want. Let's go back to your apartment first though" He smiled and turned and started walking back in the direction of the apartment block. I followed. My heart was sore...

***

When we returned to my appartment Hinata made himself at home on the couch and I grabbed us some drinks from the fridge.

"Here." I say, handing Hinata the cold drink.
"Thanks!" he smiles, taking the soda. He doesn't grab it like a normal person would, he grabs my hand then slides it down towards the drink before actually taking it. I give him a strange look but rub it off and take a seat on the couch opposite. "So...I'm all ears. Tell me all." I take a few deep breaths, i've never told someone my story. It's not the most pleasant of stories either. I can never admit what I've done.

"Alright...It all started when I was 15. I lived with my parents when the end of the world came. We lived in the country. We were evacuated like all the other families in the area, but whilst our truck was driving we were attacked by the dead. They came at us and killed some of us. Me and my parents escaped but we had no where to go. We camped out in an old barn that night but I ran out while my parents were sleeping." I felt myself tearing up. I've never actually said any of this out loud. "Being as stupid as I am I left the barn door open and I came back and my parents were dead. Ripped to shreds. It's all my fault they died." I had to stop talking for a bit, tears started falling from my eyes. I found it hard to breathe. Then unexpectedly Hinata stood up and put his hand on my shoulder and slowly turned that into a hug while I sobbed.
"It's okay Kageyama-kun. Keep going" He smiled and sat back down. I nodded and took another couple deep breaths.  You can do this Kageyama.
"After that I went alone, just me and my dog. About a year later. I started to become very depressed. I wanted to die and I couldn't stick this being alone feeling anymore. Life was a struggle as I couldn't find any food or water. I bumped into a man, he was tall and terrifying. He said he came from a group called the Iron Eagles. I can't remember his nam-"
"Ushijima!" Hinta yelled, jumping from his chair.
"Y-yeah that's it...wait you know him?" I asked, sitting forward.
"How long were you with them!" Hinata jumped forward and grabbed me by my shoulders.
"T-two months maybe?" I say nervously. Hinata's eyes widened and he put his hands on his head. He started shouting.
"Fuck! We're done for!" He screamed. "We're all fucking dead. You're a fucking list! A traitor!"
"Wait Hinata what's wrong?" I stood up and ut my hand on his shoulder.
"Get the fuck off me!" He slapped my hand away and ran to the door. "I knew I should have never trusted you!" He ran out the door and slammed it shut. I stood in shock, not knowing what I said or what I did wrong.

***

The next day...I was supposed to tell Daichi everything. But since I didn't get to finish, and considering Hinata's reaction I couldn't bring myself to do it. What's with that group...that man? How does Hinata know him? Why did he freak out? There were so many questions lingering in my head.
"Kageyama!" A familiar voice called out to him.

"Sugawara..." Kageyama greeted his senpai with the biggest smile he could put on (Though it wasn't very big).
"How are you doing? Any word of you talking to us yet?" He smiled.
"N-no...not just yet..." he said. But considering that now the only chance of a friend he has now hates him for an unknown reason he doesn't see the point in staying. If he just tells them...he can leave. Easy.
"Oh well I under-"
"Actually! Yeah...I-" I was quickly cut off by the screaming of people further back in town. Sugawara's face dropped.
"Hurry! Get the guns!"
"They're coming!"
"Where's Daichi!?"
Those were some of the things I heard from the crowd. I watched as people, women and children ran for their lives. What were they so afraid of?
"Suga what's going on?" I ask. I turn to Suga his face is full of shock. He doesn't even look at me.
"Kageyama? Do you know how to use a gun?" He asks, starting to run towards where the crowd is running away from. I follow.
"Kind of? Why wha-" Then I see it. A horde. Bigger than what I've ever seen before. At least a hundred of them. I could hear their squelching and groaning  from the distance I was at, and they were coming right for us.
"How did they get through the wall!?" Suga screams, turning and running back. He met with people holding lots of guns. He handed me a small pistol and nodded. "Aim for the head" he shouted, before running off leaving me with a bunch of strangers with guns. All of this was happening so fast it was hard to comprehend. I was stood there in the middle of a town full of people I didn't know. Getting ready to face one of the biggest fights I've ever fought.
I look at the hoard, then the people around me. Loud shots explode in my ear and one by on the dead drop. But they're getting closer. I aim my gun, my hands were shaky and my heart was pumping in my ears. I could hear people shouting all around me. I grip the gun firmly and tense. Then I place my finger on the trigger...slowly. I've got my sights locked on one zombie. I'll try get that one. I tell my hand to pull the trigger but somehow it feels frozen. I feel my hands shaking and my aim becomes unsteady.
"Why can't I?" I say to myself.
"Kageyama! Shoot the damn gun!" A familiar voice shouts. Causing me to flinch and the gun fires. I didn't hit the zombie I wanted but at least one dropped dead.
"Hinata?" I say, looking at the smaller boy standing beside me.
"Don't talk to me now idiot we have a horde to wipe!"