Chapter 1

When you associate anything with New York City, it is usually the extraordinary buildings that pierce the sky or the bustling sidewalks with people desperate to get to work or tourists hoping to stop in a store in which celebrities dwell

When you associate anything with New York City, it is usually the extraordinary buildings that pierce the sky or the bustling sidewalks with people desperate to get to work or tourists hoping to stop in a store in which celebrities dwell. Since her birth, she had found herself lost within the Big Apple. The voices of the never-ending attractions call out and envelope you in the awe. The busy streets are filled with the vibrant atmosphere that is like a child in a candy shop. Even when your feet ache from the walking because the streets are too busy to drive, you find yourself wanting more of the "New York Life".

She grew up in the city, the explosions of noise and smell of exhaust surfing through the city didn't affect her anymore. The jungle of enormous skyscrapers glistening in the sun didn't amaze her. She was used to it, it all blended into a blur of noise and people. She blended too.

Thea Grace walked along the sidewalk of Manhattan, sidestepping tourists and avoiding the annoying venders lining the buildings. The warm July wind whipped her hair around her face and her dress billowed around her. As she progressed deeper into the city, the streets were less mobbed with tourists and cars and more relaxing. Thea could smell the aroma from each restaurant and hear the mixed sound of various music styles blending together to form one wild tune. She continued her journey, not knowing exactly where she was headed. Pedestrians passed, some yelling into their phones while drinking Starbucks coffee, others just enjoying the nice, summer day. The turquoise sky was the perfect backdrop for a normal, New York City day.

Thea stopped in front of a white brick building and looked at the brightly lit sign.

OLLIE'S

She could smell the waffles from outside and grinned before walking in and grabbing a stool, smiling at Ollie, the owner of the place.

"Hey, Pop," she sat down before picking up a menu.

"Morning, Dora. Waffles and coffee, right?" He turned back to the stove, a grin plastered on his face at the beautiful young woman behind him. Ollie had grown fond of Thea over the years. He had met her about six years ago, but the old man had known she had been alone much longer than that.

"Of course. You look a bit busy today. Want me to come in?" Ollie smiled over his shoulder.

"You know I love your company, kiddo, but I only ask you to come in if you want to."

"I'll be here at five then," she grabbed a fork and dug into the food placed in front of her.

"You're too sweet for this world, Kid."

***
First chapter is up! I'm very excited for this story to come together. Please feel free to leave a like or comment!

Thea is played by Odette Annable