Revealing The Secret

Zinnia's POV:

I remember my childhood days again with Calyx. I really can’t imagine that our paths will crossed again after that time.

We just found out that their house was near our Mansion and I was really happy to know that!

We played, hang out together everywhere until now, I’m already eighteen years of age and he was already twenty. We grew up together and we considered each other as a best of friends.

Until one day, I just realized that I am in love with him and so, he was. Our relationship was like a Fairytale. We are almost perfect but we kept our relationship secret in my family.

Why? Because, I know that my Grandfather will not accept him as my boyfriend.

He will interfere between Calyx and me. I know him. He once manipulated my Dad’s life and I will not let him manipulate my life too!

“Zinnia, are you listening?” I came back from my senses when I suddenly heard his deep, cold and baritone voice… My Calyx.

“Huh?”

He flashed his annoying smirk and said, “I was talking about revealing our secret relationship with your family today.”

And I was shocked. What is he talking about?

He must lower down his voice! Isn’t he aware that we’re in front of our house talking like this kind topic?!

Oh my god, Calyx! We might be busted!

“WHAT---?” he did not let me utter a word, instead he just cut me off and continue what he was saying as if he doesn’t care if anyone can hear about our topic. Like what the hell!

“This is the right time to reveal our relationship, Zinnia. I’m ready to prove to your family that I am the right guy for you. That even though I’m just an average man who doesn’t own a Lamborghini car and I may not afford to buy you an expensive things you want, but I can give you my whole heart and It’s only yours to keep... I love you, Zinnia. And I won’t let anyone interfere us---"

“What did you just said, young man?” Busted. And this is it. My Grandfather heard everything.

“Good Afternoon, Sir! I’m Calyx Arvueva, your Grand Daughter’s boyfriend and I am here to prove you something,” Calyx said politely and calmly even though I know that deep inside he’s already nervous.

I sighed and decided to hold Calyx’s hand tightly. I can feel that Grandpa’s attention is at our intertwined hands.

Well, I don’t care ‘coz like what he had said earlier, We’ll face this trials together, no matter what.

“Oh, you’re my princess’ boyfriend? Hmmm, let me see. But, don’t you know that she’s already engaged with Viel Fajardo? The one and only heir of the biggest company here in the Philippines and in United States?”

“You said that you’re going to prove me something? What is it? Your love for my Granddaughter? Why, young man? Can that love feed her and bought her the things she wants? Can that love will let you survive in life?”

He is too much! I was going to say something when Calyx just hold my hand tightly and gave me a genuine smile. How can he smile like that when my Grandpa is already underestimating him in front of me?

“I may not be wealthy as that Viel Fajardo, but can he make Zinnia happy more than I can do? Can he love her with all his heart? Can he make time for her when he’s busy in his company? Sir, not all the time money can buy everything… ‘coz money can’t buy love, happiness, time and health. I may be born as an average man, but I’ll work hard as I can so that I can fulfill everything for your Granddaughter,”

I smiled. That’s my Calyx!

“Is that so? Alright. Let’s talk inside my office room,”

After my Grandpa said that words, I was very nervous. I can sense that this is not good.

I did everything to let Calyx stay by my side but he just said.. “I’ll be back, Mi Amore. We’ll just talk about us and after this? Everything will be fine, alright?” I nodded then he kissed my forehead and went inside the office room of my Grandpa.

~*~
A/N: Ano kayang pag-uusapan nila Calyx at ng Lolo ni Zinnia? Hmmm... ~SheLovesRabbit🐰🐇

Up Next: Fairytale