Fourteen

The weather turned colder as winter had approached. In this Christmas Eve night, Yoonhye and her family sat around the dining table in their house, and enjoying their dinner.

This is the second time Yoonhye is celebrating Christmas in Seoul.

"Eat more, Yoonhye." Her father told her as he put some vegetables in Yoonhye's bowl. Yoonhye smiled and replied, "I will, appa."

On the other hand, Howon had started missing his family in Busan. He only went back to Busan last time when it is summer holiday. Although he already has his girlfriend here, but still, without his family, he felt that there is a missing piece in his heart.

"Hyung, did you buy me any gifts?" Myungsoo asked as he took a spoon of the soup that their mother cooked.

"Why should I buy you gifts?" Sunggyu retorted.

"Child, it's Christmas. Have you forgotten our family's tradition? You'll be exchanging gifts with each other later. Yeobo, you've bought yours, isn't it?" Their mother said and asked Mr. Kim.

"Of course. Why would I even miss out that? It is a blessing for our child." Mr. Kim smiled and said.

"Well I went to the mall with Sunggyu last week and he did buy gifts." Howon said.

"Yeah, why would I even forget to buy gifts. I was just kidding about that, appa, don't worry."

"Gyu oppa will probably give each of us an album that we like? Well he did that every year." Yoonhye said.

"Yah Yoonhye don't expose me please." Sunggyu replied. Yoonhye stuck her tongue out at Sunggyu and continued eat the foods in her bowl.

"There is a night market nearby later. Kids, do you want to go?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"I've promised Jieun to go to the mall with her later." Howon replied. "She said that she has to buy some gifts for her friends and family."

"Sungyeol, Sungjong and I had planned to go to the mall too. There's an event there and has a lot of performance." Myungsoo told Mrs. Kim.

"I don't have any plans. How about you, Yoonhye?" Sunggyu turned to Yoonhye and asked. Yoonhye just shook her head and said, "I'm free too."

"Great. Your appa and I was thinking of going there together alone. Sunggyu, Yoonhye, maybe you should follow us and go there and take a look around there? Your appa heard from his colleague that the Christmas night market is kind of great and it's really interesting."

Yoonhye nodded and said, "I'm okay with it." Sunggyu nodded as well and said, "Me either."

--

"Any plans for later, hyung? Joohyun and I are going to the night market nearby. Joonmyeon hyung said that the lights there are really pretty and Joohyun really want to go there. Joining?" Sehun asked as he peeked into Jongdae's room.

"I'll think about that." Jongdae replied. He was sitting in front of his table, writing on a piece of paper.

He folded the paper and kept it into a box on his table. Sehun went into the room and sat down on his bed.

"You're still writing letters for Songhyun noona?" Sehun asked, looking at Jongdae who is silently keeping the box under his table.

"Yeah. I figured out that this is one of the way that I can keep her in my heart and mind forever." Jongdae replied, and turned to Sehun. "Why?"

"No I just thought that...well maybe you had slowly putting down the past."

"I did, Hun. It's just, some people aren't meant for you to forget. She isn't someone that I can forget easily. You understand that too."