So Long, Farewell.

Diana finished writing the last letter and leaned against the headboard of her father's bed and closed her eyes. For the past six days she had been coming to his room to write the letters.

Her actions didn't have a specific reason. Or even if they did, she couldn't fathom what it was. when she returned from school, she would pick up a new letter to write and somehow her legs would walk her, to this room, on their own.

Maybe it was the smell of her dad. The person who had loved her unconditionally from the day she had been brought into the world and still did, with the same vigour.

Maybe it was the countless pictures framing the left wall of the room. It was a collage that her father had put up as one of their 'Sunday To Do's. It consisted the countless clicks that had been made to capture the life of every member that had once lived under this roof. There was her parents on their prom, their college life, their marriage. Her and Kat in their hospital cradle. The family all dripping wet after dancing out in the yard in the rain. Kat with Lego blocks scattered all around her. Diana with mud caked all over her face because she thought it looked like chocolate. There were pictures of her, Nick and Jason too. In front of pillow fortes and paying dress-up in pirate costume. Her mom, baking. Dad in Naruto costume for Halloween. Kate's graduation. It was all there.

Maybe it was because her father's room was always messy. With clothes strewn everywhere, books scattered over the desks and bed. It radiated warmth and comfort. The feeling of home. The feeling of her once there family.

Unbeknown to her tears started streaming down her face. In a matter of minutes, she was racked with full blown sobs. Somehow, she felt like a traitor. She didn't know why and how. But she felt like was deceiving everyone she had ever cared for. Curling into herself, she reached for anything to comfort herself and her hands landed on her father's sweatshirt. She pulled it to herself and hugging it, reminisced all the times when she had to pull herself back from this despair without letting anyone know what she was going through.

Not anymore.

********

A.N~ So this is it. The much awaited last chapter.

I am so sorry for the late update. I know I promised you some twists, but I couldn't figure out what to write. I wrote this chapter almost five times, each with a different ending. But then I thought, maybe I shouldn't end it. Not every story has its strings tied up in a neat knot 

So, I'll leave it to you to imagine what happens next. Will she survive or will she give up? Comment your ending and let all of us have a discussion over it. It will be fun!

Also I was thinking of putting this book up for Wattys 2017. Should I?

And last but not the least, thank you for reading this book. It means the world to me.

Love,

Pragya.

P.S~ This not the end of me. I will continue Rendered Speechless, which I put on hold to finish this book. Check it out if you have time.

P.P.S~ Don't forget to Comment ~ Vote ~ Fan