Nero's Overprotectiveness

Nero sat in his home office, the door wide open while he got some work done from home. Hannah was napping along with their two weeks old daughter, both of them getting some rest after a tiring night. Emilia couldn't settle down, wanting to be held for most of the time. So they took turns. Unlike his wife Nero could power through his day with less sleep. He was fine.
As he typed away he glanced at the baby monitor beside his laptop. A small smile spread across his face as he noticed Emilia moving her hands and making cute little sounds. The little girl was awake, done with her little nap and ready to play. He rolled his chair away from the desk and got to his feet. Reaching for his phone when it vibrated and answered it while he headed to Emilia's room.

"Dad, what's up?" He asked, entering the baby's room while he squashed his phone between his shoulder and ear so he could pick up his daughter.

"Are you at home today?"

"Yeah." He held Emilia close to his chest, feeling like the luckiest man on the planet when his daughter made sounds which resembled soft laughter, "You can come over. Hannah is taking a nap and the little one just woke up. She is in a playful mood right now."

"I'm on my way."

Chuckling Nero ended the call and pocketed his phone, carefully shifting the little girl in his arms. He leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek. He cuddled her for a bit and then gave her a diaper change and put her in a new onesie which resembled a panda. One of those onesies which Hannah was obsessed about. He had to admit that he did think that Emilia looked rather cute in them. Carrying his baby girl with him to the living room, his father called to let him know he was already there. The minute Valerio set foot in his apartment he leaned in to talk to Emilia.

"There is my little girl." Valerio coed.

"Nice to see you too, dad." Nero muttered sarcastically.

Nero let his father take Emilia and went to his office to retrieve his laptop. Heading back to the living room he took a seat across his dad and Emilia, placing his laptop on his lap while he multitasked between sending out emails and watching his dad talk quietly to the bubbly Emilia. After her nap she was in such a good mood, it made his heart skip a beat just watching his daughter being that cute.

"Nero."

He looked up hearing his father call for him, "Hm?"

"There is actually something I wanted to ask of you."

Nero shifted his attention to his father, questioning him silently.

Valerio shifted Emilia in his arms, leaning to kiss the little girl's temple and then looked up to meet Nero's expectant gaze, "When Hannah feels up for it, I'd like to have dinner with the two of you at the restaurant downstairs. There is something important I want to discuss with the two of you."

His father wouldn't ask to have dinner with the two of them if whatever he wanted discuss was something which didn't concern him. Whatever Valerio wanted to discuss, he wanted to do it formally. Nero could only conclude it was because the older man wanted to introduce someone to them, a woman. That thought alone made him tense up. He kept quiet though, not wanting to upset his father. Almost mechanically Nero glanced back at his laptop screen and focused his attention back to the rather long email, needing it to distract him from the dark thoughts which clouded his mind.

"Nero?" Valerio called when he didn't respond.

"I'll discuss it with Hannah."

"That'd be great." Valerio didn't seem to mind his sudden reluctant behavior, "It's nice of you to watch Emilia while Hannah gets some rest. I never would have thought my stubborn and rather selfish son would be so caring and overprotective over his girls."