Rise Of Pandora: XXII. Fell From The Sky

Start from the beginning

"A long time ago when I was a young, there was a worldwide conflict that had nearly erased all life in this world. Do you know the names Zeus, Prometheus, and Athena?" Gaijin asked.

The soldier nodded.

Maddard nodded. "Yes, the people of this world have worshipped them for as long as I can remember."

"Are they still around?" Gaijin asked.

"Still around?" Maddard replied curiously. "I had always believed them to be a myth spread by man to attempt to make sense of the world. I never held them to be real."

Gaijin's eyes widened. He was relieved in a way. "Well, even if they are no longer here, they did exist at a time...ages ago. You probably know them as gods, yes?"

Maddard nodded. The soldier looked on curiously, not saying a word, an amused gleam beaming past his steeled gaze.

"There was a girl named Pandora. She once opened a jar containing sealed evils and it brought the world to ruins. Billions of monsters scoured the earth, it was a lifetime of darkness and sorrow and so I was tasked by the entity known as Prometheus to help defeat her monsters. From what I was told, she was not a vicious girl, she was actually quite innocent from what I was told but the power she had was too dangerous so we found a way to seal her and her monsters. We realized she had a connection, a kind of mental link, with the monsters and so we formed a box to seal her inside, and as she was sealed, her monsters followed with her inside of the box. But, we knew there would surely come a day when the contraption we created would no longer be able to contain her and all those horrid monsters. Prometheus sealed a part of me in the box with her. He did this so when the seal on the box broke, and she was released, I would awaken and warn the world of what is to come."

"It was all so dark during those days...forests died, the oceans turned black, the clouds disappeared from the sky. It would not rain across the continent for years at a time, no sunshine, just ash...that is why I urgently need help finding her so I can stop her somehow before the same thing that happened all those many years ago happens again." Gaijin paused and looked around. "To see trees, sunshine, and life again...it is a good feeling."

The soldier rubbed his chin, his fingers unfurling the stubbles, and said, "If what you say is true, then it is of the highest importance that we must see Father." He hastened his stride and walked by Maddard's side. He gripped his hand and pulled him to the side away from Gaijin.

"Oh and one other thing—" He said suddenly. "Could you show me the back of your neck..." His tone was calm but Gaijin felt malice lurking just beneath, it showed within his eyes which pierced like cold steel. His hands were tight around the handles of his swords. Gaijin became a bit nervous, and the soldier took notice of that.

Maddard stepped forward. "Why!" He argued angrily in defense of Gaijin. What does that have to—"

"Were my words aimed for you, Chester?" He looked at Maddard, piercing him with his stolid eyes. "I merely wish for him to show me the back of his neck and nothing more."

"But—" Maddard tried saying.

"Enough!" The soldier was growing weary of Maddard. "It is merely a simple request," he said, his eyes still set coldly on Gaijin.

"What an odd request," Maddard whispered to himself.

"It is fine," said Gaijin as he turned around, revealing the small tattered white wings pressed flat against his back.

He raised his hand and waved away the wet strands of hair from off his neck. The soldier approached slowly with an attentive expression and his clutch strong on his swords. He saw nothing but plain brown skin. He appeared more relaxed now, even dropping his swords down to his sides.