Tape 1 (Part 3)

Emily POV

From Caleb: Hey

Alison bites her lip on her bed as she types back

Oh...hey

She gets a What's up? after and when she types back that she's doing homework Jessica walks in. "Alison. You know how I feel about you using your phone while doing homework."

She shakes her head, "I was just using the calculator," a message ping goes off and she tries to hold her laugh in, "and I'm helping a friend." Jessica grins sarcastically, "yeah. Phone."

Alison groans, "fine." She hands her mother the phone and Jessica smiles, "now. Do I know this friend?" "Do you know any of them?" It buzzes and she shows Alison the screen with a quirked eyebrow, "more homework?"

Alison starts squirming, "oh uh. That's just...a math problem we are working on."

Jessica answers, "Hello Caleb. Alison is doing her homework." Through the phone you can hear the soft noise of Caleb's voice, "oh uh hi Mrs. DiLaurentis. Yeah Alison was totally helping me."

"Oh yeah? With what?"

"Uh math."

She glances at Alison's work and nods, "alright then." She hands Alison her phone, "call me if you need any help." She winks at Alison, then leaves her bedroom.

Alison stands up and closes the door, then speaks, "so you needed help with a math problem?"

"What? No I just wanted to get you alone on the phone-" "Cause I have a lot of work to do Caleb I can't just help you the entire time." "W-what? Okay I can call you back-" "NO!" She shouts and covers her mouth.

"I mean. Uh, what were you having trouble with? The one about the uh...trains"

"Huh?"

"Two trains leave at different times...when do they meet?"

It takes a few seconds but Caleb chuckles, "oh, I get it. Train 'A' is leaving my house in a few minutes. And train 'B'  is leaving your house in..." "30 minutes." She finishes and he chuckles.

"A half hour seems like an awfully long time for two trains going at full speed Alison DiLaurentis." Alison blushes and bites her lip then grins, "Wright's Playground. Rocket Slide."

She hangs up and giggles, squealing.

"I know what you're all thinking. 'Alison DiLaurentis is a slut'. Oops. Did you catch that? I just said 'Alison Dilaurentis is'...can't say that anymore." I stare at the playground, Walkman in my hands while the image of Alison and Caleb pop up, laughing and flirting on the playground.

Caleb laughs and I only stare at the scene, picturing it exactly how Alison is describing it...was describing it...

"I dreamt that our first kiss would be at that playground...but I never told you that."

They disappear and reappear at the top of the slide. "The dream starts at the top of the rocket. Holding onto that steering wheel as if I can take off with just the two of us inside. It's still a playground rocket but every turn left or right, the trees seemed to lift up as if they were taking flight."

I make my way down and sit on the bench, watching Caleb come down the slide, "your turn commander."

Alison giggles, "my turn, alright. What are you doing?" "Wait I gotta get this." He chuckles and once Alison gets ready.