★ Chapter 8: Good Morning ★

Start from the beginning

"Come on in" He welcomed.

Sans wowed as he took a few steps in.

Grillby's apartment was very organized and clean.

"nice place, g." Sans complimented.

"Thanks" Grillby thanked, taking Sans stuff and placing them neatly on his kitchen counter.

"Take a seat. Want some breakfast?"

"sounds good to me."

Sans took a seat on the couch and waited while Grillby prepared the food.

After a few long minutes, Grillby came into the living room with two plates, one in each hand, and placed them in a small coffee table located not far from the front of the couch.

"Breakfast is ready. Hope you like it." Grillby grinned brightly.

"how do you make waffles seem so perfect?" Sans asked with amazement, taking a bite out of it.

"hmm" he hummed.

"exquisite. not only do they look great, they taste great." he complimented once swallowing his food.

Grillby giggled.

"Thanks"

After eating their breakfast, the two needed to start getting ready since it was 5:33 already; 1 hour and 27 minutes before the bar opened.

Grillby stood up and took both of the plates with him to the sink.

"i can wash them if you don't mind" Sans halted Grillby before turning on the faucet.

"Sans, it's alright. I'm careful-I'll be fine. I work in the kitchen, this is easy stuff." He assured.

Sans moaned softly with hesitance.

"Really, I'll be fine. I appreciate your worrying about me."

Both of them blushed a little.

"Hey are you sure you want to work on your day off?" Grillby changed the topic.

Sans took another bite off of his waffle and nodded.

"why not?"

Grillby shrugged and pushed up his glasses with his elbow as he continued to wash the dishes.

"I don't know, I just don't want you overworking yourself." He tried to explain.

"as if you didn't already." Sans called out, swallowing the last piece of his waffle and heading to the kitchen to leave his plate there.

Grillby didn't say anything, he just remained washing the dishes.

It was true though, Sans has 3 days off while Grillby gave himself 0 days.

"Anyway, you can go dress up. The restroom is at the end of the hall to your left." Grillby took the plate off of the counter and began to wash it.

Sans grabbed his clothes from the counter and quickly headed to the restroom.

-•ღ•-

A few minutes later...

Sans grunted.

"ugh! stupid bowtie!" He whispered with annoyance under his breath.

There was a knock on the door.

Sans held held the bowtie in place with his left hand and opened the door with his other hand.

"sup" Sans greeted, resuming back to trying to get his bowtie to look nice.

Grillby looked at Sans with curiosity as he entered the restroom to look at himself on the mirror and fix any wrinkles on his shirt or bowtie.

Sans remained struggling and grumbling at his failed attempts.

Grillby laughed and turned Sans around to face him.

He leaned in closer, and fixed his bowtie within a few seconds.

Sans wore a stunned expression that became into a shy smile, a light blue spreading across his face.

"thanks" he thanked, placing his hands behind his back.

Grillby blushed a tiny bit and stood up.

"No problem. Shall we go?" He asked.

Sans nodded.

"yeah"

The two monsters walked downstairs to the bar and began the preparations, for the expected customers would be arriving just within less than an hour.

-•ღ•-

Edit of November 4, 2018:

Today I plan on updating a lot of this book for sure. Hope you enjoyed the chapter newcomers/re-readers!

Edit of January 1, 2020:

I just added some extra dialogue