★ Chapter 8: Good Morning ★

Start from the beginning

The two of them remained quiet.

"sorry I woke you up by the way." Sans apologized.

"It's fine. I was already kinda awake." Grillby smiled.

"you should sleep, you know. i can tell you only slept for like an hour or two." Sans recommended, realizing how sleep deprived Grillby really looked.

His flame was a little dull, and the vibrant golden hue he usually carried looked a little red orange.

It wasn't hard to determine how the man was feeling, his flame was usually the one to expose his every truth and lie.

" Eh, it's doesn't really matter. I have to go to work in like a little less than an hour; it's almost time to set the bar up and get everything ready."

Sans checked the time on his phone and showed it to Grillby, raising a brow.

"don't you think it's a bit too early? it's barely 4:38 in the morning."

"It's fine. However, you are the one that should be sleeping. You need rest." Grillby said as he stood up and began taking his stuff to leave.

"wait. i'll go with you." Sans quickly got on his feet as well.

Grillby hesitated a little but easily gave in to Sans' desires.

"I'll wait for you in the car while you get ready." He walked out the room.

-•ღ•-

Grillby got inside his car and placed his things on the backseat.

"hey i'm here" Sans greeted, appearing somehow from thin air.

"Eek! Sans! Don't do that!" Grillby screamed, covering his face and slightly blushing at the jumpscare.

"sorry. hehe."

"It's okay." Grillby chuckled nervously, turning on the engine of the car.

-•ღ•-

"How did you get ready so fast?" Grillby curiously asked on their way to the establishment.

"meh, I have my own little tricks." Sans simply answered, staring at Grillby before turning to face the window.

"Mhm..." Grillby mumbled skeptically, still facing forward as he drove with precaution.

-•ღ•-

"We're here." Grillby announced as he parked the car in front of his bar.

Once done, Grillby got out of the car and rushed over to the entrance door and unlocked it.

Sans got out of the car soon after and closed its door before following right behind.

Grillby guided Sans into a room at back of the bar that took them to a staircase leading up to a second floor.

"where are we going?" Sans asked as the two monsters headed up the stairs.

He certainly had not a clue Grillby lived right above his establishment.

Talk about overly protective owner of an establishment.

"My apartment." Grillby answered.

Ah geez, I'm going to his house, Sans' thoughts repeated, causing him to slightly blush.

Grillby took out a key out of his back pocket, and opened the door.