Chapter 10

“Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.” 

― Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

WARNING: MEJO BRUTAL

-->Yuri’s POV

We’re already here on our hideout. The last time I set my foot here was the time that I told  them that I want to quit but I changed my plan, I don’t want to be far from them. 

“Yuri, do you want to eat?” Paige asked me. I just nod as an answer.

I went to the pool at the back of this house. I take off my shoes and put my feet on the pool. I need air to breath, this world is suffocating me. I need to control myself; I don’t want to take this thick mask of mine.

Hinayaan ko lang silang mag-usap usap sa loob, I don’t want to talk to anybody. Not now. Nilibot ko ang tingin ko sa paligid para malibang ako pero puro bodyguards ang nakikita ko sa paligid. High paid bodyguards that protect us prominent people. They know that CC and Yuri are only one. I tried to close my eyes but wrong move, my nightmares are haunting me again.

Someone pat my shoulder that helps me comes back to my senses.

“Tuna, for snack.” Paige told me as she gives me her sweetest smile. 

“Thanks.” 

“No problem, are you alright?” 

“You knew that I’m not. I’m always not.” I gave her a bitter smile. Minsan, naipapakita ko kay Paige ung tunay na ako but it’s just in a milliseconds. 

“Yuri may underground fight mamaya sa underground society. Balita ko kapatid ng binugbog mo sa bar ang nanghahamon. Are you coming?.” 

I just give her a shrug. Tinatamad akong umalis and at the same time my body seems thirsty for a fight. Nangangati ung katawan kong makipaglaban.

“I know that you want to go and alam kong gusto mong ilabas yang nararamdaman mo pero alam kong tinatamad ka. Haha. Baliw ka talaga kahit kelan, magpa-rehab ka na nga.” Paige told me and she laughed at me.

“Get out of here before I kill you.” I gave her my murderous tone. 

“Haha, kill me then. I knew you can’t.” Then she left.

She knew how to handle me. That fvcking bitch. She puts fire on me. My body says I need to release this anger inside me that eats me. Ayokong pumunta dahil gusto ko ng kumawala sa nakaraan pero alam kong di ko pa kaya dahil hindi ko pa nakakamtam ang mga plano ko.

“Yuri, we’re going. Sasama ka ba?” Lee asked me.

I didn’t answer him. I just can’t decide.

“Tinatamad ako.” Ayun ang sabi ko.

“Fine then, we’re going.” Then they all left except me and Paige.

1 hour had passed and ngayon lang ako nakapag-decide. I’m thirsty, thirsty for trouble. I got ready, I changed my clothes. Sasakay na sana ako sa kotse ko ng may magsalita, it’s Paige.