"And which boyfriend of your's are you referring to?" Brooke spoke out of the blue. I giggled a little. I was happy to hear that she was joking around and being herself. She scared me at the table, but I would definitely need to ask her..

"Shut up, bitch. I wasn't talking to you, so stay out of it! And I'm talking about Aaron!" she shot at me. "How dare you come to Aaron's house knowing fine well that I stayed there and annoy the life out of him so that he took all of his anger out on me! You are nothing but a stupid little slut and you need ti keep your paws off my man!" she squealed again.

"Excuse me, tramp, but I can assure you-" Brooke cut in.

"It's fine, I've got this one." I smiled a reassuring smile toward my best friend and turned to give Stacey my best 'you're wasting your time' look. "Stacey" she stiffened at my authoritative tone, and I was surprised at myself that it came out so strong. "I've done absolutely nothing wrong and I don't see why I have offended you. Other than the fact that Aaron does not want you, I don't see why you're so unhappy."

"You - you cow!"

Just as I began to imagine red flames shooting out of her ears as her face was ear of her emotions, our register teacher walked through and noticed Stacey's tense frame. "please take a seat miss Dunn."

She huffed and turned around and walked towards her army of followers.

Brooke shot me a questioning look. I just shrugged and brushed it off. "never mind, I'll explain later. Brooke? Is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked hesitantly, afraid of her answer but also very concerned.

She sighed quietly and squeezed her eyes shut. "It's not a big deal. I just had a chat with my mum on saturday." she opened her eyes again to look at me and a shy smile appeared on her face.

"Is everything okay between you and your mum?"

"Well.. It turns out that the credit card my dad supposedly left me before he buggered off wasn't actually left by him. My mum felt sorry for me because she had nothing she could give me and so she forged a letter from him and put the card in the envelope. But now I need to find a job because all this time that I thought my dad would be paying of the card, well, it wasn't being payed off, and now my mum is in debt." she sighed again and popped her elbow on the table, holding her head in her hand.

My mouth gaped open as I tried to take the news in. So all this time her father had left her nothing and not he was back and demanded ti be in her life again? What an ass! "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Nothing." she said sadly. "I need to - em, I need to sell my car."

"It's that bad?" she nodded, confirming that the debt was so bad.

"And it's all my fault. I've been so careless with money. Basically throwing it away! And I had no idea of the situation. But how could I be so stupid? I actually believed that my dad cared and was trying to do something for me, when it was really my mum trying to keep me happy. How could I be so selfish?"

How could she take the responsibility for all of this? It clearly wasn't her fault if she knew nothing about it. "Don't blame yourself! I'll do anything I can to help you and your mum. Anything. Just tell me what you need!"

"Thanks, ebbs! But I don't think there is anything you can do. My mums taking double shifts and I'm trying my best to find a job to help."

"What about your dad? Did he come back?" I asked worriedly as she hadn't mentioned anything about him yet.

"Nope." she replied, letting out a loud breath. "We've had calls where we would answer and there was no reply, but there was no number so we couldn't phone back. I'm just assuming it was him but it could have just been a few of those creeps that phone to try and sell home insurance and all that rubbish."

I just nodded in comprehension.

By the time lunch came, I was emotionally drained. Thinking about the predicament my best friend was in and what I could do to try and help drained me. There was nothing I could do.

No-one spoke of Jason and why he wasn't here, no-one mentioned anything to do with Peyton and I wasn't asked about the stares Stacey continuously gave me by my friends. I suppose the last part was a good thing, but I was still curious about Peyton and Jason and I could only assume that they were both in a fight of some sort.

"What's going on with Peyton?" I asked Brooke as we made our way along the lunch queue.

"Her and Jason aren't speaking. They haven't spoke all weekend. And that's probably the reason why he isn't in school and why you had ti get a ride from his son of a bitch brother."

I rolled my eyes at her harsh choice of words. "How do you find out about these things?"

"I'm psychic."

I laughed quietly. That was a typical Brooke comment! My Brooke was back to her old self again!

The rest of lunch was ad normal. Except Peyton had ditched the rest of the day. No-one knew where she went but we all discreetly suspected that Jason had picked her up and took her somewhere to say sorry. But I knew I'd press for details later..

Last period was french and I made my way from history to french quietly and hoped I would avoid Stacey and Aaron.

Luke came bouncing up behind me and completely dragged me from my thoughts. "Hey." he's said with a smile apparent on his face. He was happy.

"Hay, there." I returned his smile, although I didn't convince myself that I was at all happy. Not after the day I'd had.

"So, how was the rest of your weekend?"

"Same old, same old. Yourself?"

"Very good, thank you." he flashed me another heart warming smile.

I looked out of the window from my French class to see that rain was crashing off of the window. Maybe Aaron was right, the weather didn't look too promising. But I wasn't looking forward to my walk home, especially without an umbrella..

The bell rang and I was in such a day dream packing up my things that I didn't realise everyone had already left the classroom. Even the teacher had rushed out.

I made my way out if the classroom feeling glum and staring at my feet as a small imperfection on my shoe distracted me from my actions. As I rounded the corner I bumped into someone as a consequence for not looking where I was going. The figure grabbed hold of me before I lost my balance. My face went scarlet as I looked up to apologise. "Sorry, I-I've been doing that a lot lately."

Thanks a bunch to anyone reading and I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! A comment or fan wouldn't go unappreciated, I would love to hear from you. As ever, let me know of any opinions or how you think the story might turn out. Also, I would like to apologise for any spelling or grammar errors! I usually update from my iPod or phone as I type up any ideas that randomly come to me and I end up typing another chapter! Well, that's all and I hope to update another chapter tomorrow! Thank you xxx