epilogue

"How is it?"
Jackson was sitting across the table from me, impatient to hear my opinion. He raised his eyebrows after I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"That-" I pointed at the plate in front of me with chopsticks in my hand. "- is the best kimchi I've ever eaten."
"I told you." I swear this guy has been smiling since we came here and I'm surprise his face isn't sore yet. "Did you hear mum? She said it was the best kimchi she has ever eaten."
"Don't exaggerate." She smiled with slight blush.
"I never do. But your son is great at exaggerating."
"That's true."
"Hey, stop grouping up on me."
"Girls stick together."
"I really like your mum, Jackson."

He crossed his arms and acted offended which made me and his mum laugh.

"What's going on here?" His dad entered the room after getting home from work and the only thing he probably heard was our laughter.
"They're picking up on me." Jackson pretended to be crying.
"Oh nice!" Jackson's dad walked past the table to stand next to me and give me a highfive.
"That's not fair."

I was envious. The atmosphere in this house was so calm. You could see how much they love each other. It's something I've never experienced in my life. My family was broken before it even had a chance to start. That's why I was envious but I was happy for Jackson.

"I thought you loved me."
"I do."
"Then why are you teaming up with my parents against me?"
"Cry baby."
"Misun, stop being mean. Give me love."
"How much love do you want?"
"All of it."
"Then take it."

He didn't need to hear more. That's all it took for him to move closer to me and grab my tiny face with his big hands. For a moment, he was staring into my eyes while I was getting lost in his.

"Have I ever told you you're pretty?"
"You tell me all the time."
"And I'll never stop." He said before connecting his lips with mine.

It's funny how one person can change your life so much to the point you can't imagine it without that person.

He was clueless when he approached me for the first time, I didn't know him and he didn't know me. In the dark world I used to live in, I could only hear his voice and it was annoying.