Xavier pt.2

Alexander's P.O.V

I looked at his man standing in the cell with a hard and cold expression. I saw a small smirk growing on his face "I believe you're familiar with the name" he said his smirk growing wider as he saw my hands clench at my sides.

Xavier Rivera De Jesus. He was the Alpha of the rogues. I should've known that he was the reason that there had been so many rogue attacks recently. But one question remains in my head. Why Katia?

I looked back at the man. He just stood there, looking quite amused if I may add. I growled "why do you look so ready to laugh you damn ass off" I snarled. He chuckled he forsaking chuckled anger rise from within me.

I was now sure that I looked like one of those characters from cartoon as that has steam coming out of their ears from how angry I was. He thought this was funny. He thought what the rogues, his kind, were doing to the packs was funny.

He thought that what the rogues were doing to me was funny. Knowing all too well I'd be frustrated, they did this and, now one of there kind stood in a cell. Almost laughing at me.

But most of all I was enraged by what they had affected most. Katia. She'd had traumatic experiences with rogues in her life and now, they were making it worse. The way I'd seen her cry so many times, either after an attack or just re-telling one. It broke my heart. Made my wolf whimper in pin for my mate.

My mate. They did that to my mate. Knowing that she'd suffer, knowing she'd been through this before, knowing she'd cry because of it. They did this to her knowing that all of these things would happen. Knowing that she'd react like this. Did this knowing what she'd been through before.

I looked back at the man. Swing him still on the verge of laughter. I punched the cell bars in front of me "why Katia?" I asked. It was all I wanted to know. All I cared to know. Why my mate? Why go after her specifically?

He stopped laughing and looks me in the eye, and evil grin spreading across his face. "Why do you think Alpha" he asked, saying the word with obvious disgust. Not waiting for my answer he turned around, leaning against the cell wall.

"Think about it Alexander, Katia Evans. What is she to you? Well no! She's your mate! But who'd care about that?" he said, looking at me with a fake wondering expression. I growled loudly "well maybe Xavier could use that to his advantage, but how?" He asked.

I looked at him, seething, as he continued. "I don't know maybe by playing multiple attacks on her here and there just to see where she'd go for safety" he said with a smirk on his face "trust me, he wasn't sure if she male T much to you since your, well, rejected her" he said with a lot of disgust etched into his voice at the word rejected.

"But than he saw how she ran to your house and you'd been her shoulder to cry on, several times, welcoming her with open arms" he said "that confirmed his suspicions, now what to do about that may you ask" he said "well first and foremost, scare the little girl so much that you felt the need to protect her from every harm," He said

"Make sure she comes to you every time," he continued "set a couple of rogues loose in the packs for the fun of it," he smiled as if remembering something wonderful "and finally send one directly chasing her in the woods. Making sure it gets caught and beautiful here so that you would have to some and talk to it" he finished.

I was still extremely angry but also, slightly confused "why set yourself up like this?" I asked him, getting frustrated with his word play. He smirked widely before answering "to get to her without you noticing. Having me to interrogate to distract you long enough" he smiled a sinister smile "just long enough to get to her" he finished.

I was confused for a mom pens but understood what he meant. It seems Alex did too because he was already on the phone with the guards. We ran out the basement, hearing his sinister laugh as we shut the door behind us.

We went through the door and went through the the forest like lightning typifying to remember the way to Katia's house. Alec running beside me. We ran quickly, soon baking follows by most of the guards.

As we arrived at the scene my heart almost stopped beating. There were wolf bodies everywhere and pack ambulances. Doctors running around everywhere to collect the bodies and get them to the pack's hospital.

I ran through the large crowd of people who had gathered at the scene, growling at anyone who tried to stop me. I ran into the house to find more wolf bodies lying on the floors. I ran to Katia's rom and found her nowhere.

Running back down I went to the kitchen and found that she wasn't there either my heart was beating 100 miles per hour alt night it felt so heavy in my chest at the same time. I checked all the bathrooms and anywhere else I could think of.

Finally, I hit outside the house to find my brother talking to the head of the guards. Alec's expression was grim but he tried to cover it when he saw me approaching. I looked at the guards expectantly, sting bit of hope in my voice.

"She's gone"

With those to words. My whole, world came crashing down. My Katia was gone. My mate. She was gone.