twentyeight

(Putting this here instead of the 'header' because it doesn't want to play gifs)

"Why can't you sleep?"
"I was thinking and I've came to a realisation. I tend to do it a lot. Overthinking. It won't let me sleep."
"What were you thinking about?" His voice was back to his usual soft tone but you could still hear the sadness.
"I was blind, I don't mean literally but metaphorically as well. Sometimes, people don't realise how much someone else mean to them until they lose them. Sometimes, people don't realise they love someone until the other person shows the same feelings in return-"
"-Misun-"
"No, let me finish. I don't one to be one of those people who have to lose someone to realise they love them. I don't want to lose you. I want to kiss you whenever I want, I want you to be the one I cuddle when I call you at 3am, saying that I can't sleep. I don't want you to be just my friend and .. and .. you know what? Jackson Wang, I love you."
There was a moment of silence, all I heard was his breathing. I thought that maybe he was asleep while I was having my heartbreaking monologue.

"I- I love you too, Misun." I never felt more relieved in my life.
"Misun?"
"Yes?"
"I'm coming over."
"Jacskon, it's too late .. I mean, too early."
"I don't care."

I was sitting in my lounge from where I could see my door perfectly, waiting for the sound of my bell or at least a knock. 

It was exactly 3:40am when my wait was over. Without giving it a second thought, I immediately walked to the door and opened it without any hesitation. And there he was standing. Slightly wet from the rain, which made me wonder if he came by a car and if so, how did he even get wet. I grabbed his hand to get him inside so I can close the door. Before I had a chance to do anything else, he pulled me into a hug.

4am
I should've been already asleep since I have uni today, but I couldn't stop staring at his face that was staring back with all the sadness gone. It would be easier to sleep now, with him by my side but I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to enjoy this moment. None of us said anything, not a single word. We only stared at each other and I had no complaints.

When he noticed my eyes slowly closing, even though I was trying hard to keep them open, he just quietly said 'get some sleep' before kissing my forehead.

I would even ditch uni just to stay like this for longer.