Chapter.9.Revealing & Revelations.<3

A/N: So, this chapter has quite a bit of talk about religion. I believe in God, I'm a Christian but, in no way am I trying to push my religion on you guys. That being said - though I hate that I even have to say this - there won't be any sort of hateful/rude/bashing comments regarding any sort of religion. I am literally typing up my experience in losing my baby, so I might get defensive. I'll either comment, or just delete it because I don't have time for that nonsense. Lol. I have never had an issue before, but I've also never gone this in depth. Love you guys, XOXO!

Chapter 9

True to his word, anytime my mind took a wrong turn whenever it came to Asher, Lucas was there to spank me. At first, it did nothing but piss me off, I was a grown ass woman for crying out loud. However, as the next few days passed, it became increasingly obvious that Lucas was enjoying this, especially the light caress after the fact.

I tried to fight it the first two times, which earned me an extra spanking that actually hurt. I've never been spanked this much in my life, and Maya found it extremely humorous. "It's not funny," I growl out, my brows furrowed and jaw set.

She nods, wiping her crystal blue eyes clear of the 'tears' that she doesn't have. "Yes, yes it really is," Maya takes a few deep breaths and a sip of her iced tea before coming to her senses. "I'm sorry, Riles. But, he took you to the bathroom at dinner last night to spank you." Groan, that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever had to be involved in. "But, if he waited to spank you later, than you wouldn't have learned your lesson."

Taking a bite of my pasta, my face turns into a grimace. "I'm not a dog, or a toddler. I remember what it is I've done wrong."

"He just wants a reason to touch your ass that won't quit, Riles." I don't acknowledge the compliment, but continue to eat and think over the past few days. Work was a wonderful distraction, throwing myself into dancing and working out was just what my mind and body needed. Though it was still difficult with the lingering bruises and casted arm, but I pushed through, using the pain as fuel to push me harder.

My mind was cluttered though. I couldn't concentrate on choreography, and if I did, it looked thrown together and messy. I would end up having to restart the entire thing from scratch, and in the end I only had 20 rough drafts of a few 8 counts. It was pointless, and infuriating. My captain and officers have stepped up, filling in where my mind just refuses to go. It's easier to change, add or remove a couple of moves rather than create a whole new dance.

The spanking, isn't going anywhere, no matter how much I tried to fight it. There is no point, and when in our home, I enjoyed it. I'm just glad 'I've been good' around my dad, or he would quite literally die of a heart attack. Lucas says that it has been helping, and if I count the amount of times I've been spanked, I admit that the punishments have dwindled. Though, I attribute that to more time rather than the behavior being punished out of me. But, at this point I will do whatever to make Lucas smile and be happy.

"How was church?" I had been waiting for this question, and from the timid, almost reluctant way that my best friend asked, it was evident she was afraid to ask. It's no secret that I'm a little ticked at the deity above. After everything that I had been through, and endured, my faith was strong, I knew that God had a plan for me. Not once did I ever question it.

Then Lucas came along and married me. If I thought that was incredible, then nothing could compare to Asher.

To my baby boy.

"I didn't want to go," I said, and watched as the light in Maya's eyes dulled. "I was so mad, you know. After everything with Charlie ended, I thought that life would be – not necessarily smooth sailing, but smoother." Laughing humorlessly, I continue, "I thought that this was God's punishment for what I did to Charlie. Which made me even more angry, because what is this world when it is short a man like Charlie Gardner? Why should I be punished for ridding the world of a demon like him?" Even though it was never my place to be the judge and jury.