Chapter 8: For Old Time's Sake

Start from the beginning

"Momma, bebé?" Emilio asks glancing up his mother with concerned eyes.

Marie smiles and kisses his cheek.

"Tu hermanita esta bien mi amor. Mira la cara de tu deddy." She orders pointing to Elvis' face, smiling wide.

Elvis smirks at her for a second before making a funny face for Emilio. Marie and Emilio laugh out hysterically. Elvis chuckles and kisses Marie's beaming face.

Just then, Vernon and the Memphis Mafia interrupt the family moment. Elvis growls loudly, Marie laughs out and rubs his back as they watch the men enter the living room. They all greet Marie and Emilio with hugs and kisses, with a few tummy rubs in between.

The little family spent the rest of the day spending time with one another, by the pool and an unexpecting BBQ. Things were finally back to normal. Elvis and Marie held each other closer and closer as the day progressed. With Emilio brightening up the entire house, and another little one on the way, life couldn't be any better. Life was a complete dream.

••••••

Saturday, 9:30 p.m. July 31, 1969

International Hotel Las Vegas

• Marie's POV •

I watch quietly as Elvis paces back and forth in his dressing room. I sigh for the hundredth time as I glance up at the clock. It's been two hours since he was originally scheduled to start his Vegas Show. Elvis sighs loudly, feeling defeated he plops next to me on the black leather couch hanging his head low. I rub his back as he shakes his head. Guilty, I gaze at his exposed chest, the only man that looks breathtaking in a white jumpsuit is mine. Holy shit.

Tragically, Elvis catches me and forces himself to chuckle.

"I'm sweatin' more than a sinner in a church and here you are like a horny school girl!" Elvis exclaims running his hands through his hair.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders and kisses my temple. I shut my eyes, taking in the kiss and the moment.

"You have to go through this at some point, honey." I mutter softly.

I hear him chuckle again, I glance at him and he leans back on the sofa.

"I didn't leave the kids in the hotel room with Judy for nothing now." I mutter making him howl out.

He jumps up and chugs a glass of water down. His worried eyes grow excitement within them. I smile, proud as he practices his vocals.

"You're right baby." He says with a sly grin.

I hand him one of his infamous scarves and he yanks it from me with a smirk.

"You'll do amazing." I assure as he adjusts his jumpsuit.

If only I could tackle him and lock the door. He glances up at me, catching me staring again. I scoff and look away.

"Don't flatter yourself, Pelvis." I mutter fixing my short, sheer, laced cream color Ossie Clark Quorum gown. Elvis smirks at me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"How about a fast one?" Elvis asks winking.

I scoff and stand up, crossing my arms.

"You need to do a show. Promise me you'll go as soon as this act is over with." I demand embracing him.

He chuckles kissing my cheek and nods.

"You know, I love you, so much." He whispers kissing my neck.

I nod, smiling.

"I don't know where I'd be right now if it weren't for you.. I'd probably be digging myself an early grave with a double chin by now." He mutters stopping the kisses.