"What're you smiling about?"

"I had a feeling that deep down you were a big softy."

Your girlfriend rolled her eyes at your comment.

"You just make sure that you don't have a big softy tomorrow night."

The crowd erupted in cheers, signifying the end of the match. Ivan's remaining two teammates, Owen and Nima, arrived shortly after, taking their seats behind you.

"Are they both set for the match?" you asked. Nima nodded her head.

"Just back from wishing them luck." she replied. "I still can't believe we were lucky enough to compete in this."

"Why? What happened?"

"Remember when you visited and we were on the rooftop drinking?" Owen asked.

"Yes." you replied, sounding apologetic in your tone. Yang, noticing this, gave you a quick, reassuring smile.

"Well..."

"Guess which two idiots got in trouble the next morning for underage drinking on the school grounds We could have been barred from fighting in the tournament." Nima interrupted.

"It wouldn't have happened if our teammates didn't leave us out there for the night."

"Wait, Jaune and Ren were with us that night as well. Did they get in trouble at all?" you inquired.

"Of course not." Owen responded. "We'd never rat them out."

"So, what happened to you once they found out?"

"The headmaster went easy on us, unlike one of our other teachers, we got detention for a few weeks and had to do some extra work around the school."

"That was lucky."

"Yeah. I've learned my lesson since then. Next time I'll make sure I get drunk in my room."

Nima shot her teammate a glare.

"What?"

"Ignoring this dope anyway..." Nima began. "... you were great out there earlier Yang."

"Especially against that Neon girl." Owen added. "You didn't lose your cool as bad as others would've if they were fighting her. Hell, if Nima would've probably put her saw blades through her face, even if the match was over."

You looked over at Nima expecting her to shoot another glare at her friend.

"He's not wrong." Nima admitted.

"Are you two gonna go to the concert tomorrow night?" Owen inquired.

"What concert?" you asked.

"The one in the fairgrounds. They always have one at the end of the Vytal festival." Nima replied.

"Nima's obsessed with the band that's playing, wouldn't be surprised if she dragged the whole team to it."

"Who's playing?" Yang asked.

"These guys." Nima gushed as she produced a piece of paper from her pocket and opened it up. It showed four bird faunus, each with mop top haircuts. The top displayed the bands name, 'The Beakles', all capitalised and in black.

"I can't wait." Nima squeed, folding it back up.

"She has the hots for one them as well." Owen tacked on. "Wrengo Starr is the one I think."

"Can you blame me?" Nima gushed once again.

"What do you think?" you asked Yang. "Wanna go? I don't mind if you do."