The Daughter of Poseidon

Chapter 5 : Being Claimed

-

Juliana's P.O.V.

-

I smiled as Leo walked back in, carrying a package wrapped up in wrapping paper with fire on it. I tried to rip it open. It stayed shut and I looked at him. "Really?" I ask him, my eyes narrowed. "Yes!" He waves his hand over it. "There." He said sheepishly. I rip it open eagerly like a little kid. Inside there was a necklace with a bunch of charms on it. I gasped. "You did not!" I said and smiled. We had been at the mall and I had pointed out this very necklace since it showed the symbols of all of the Greek gods. He smiled sheepishly and Percy glared at him. Annabeth smiled and walked over. "Let's go eat dinner!" She said and me and her marched off together. The boys followed, Percy was basically questioning Leo about me. I laughed quietly. "You have to sit with the Hermes cabin until you're claimed." She said and pointed to it. The table was overcrowded and I wondered how in the world I was going to fit onto it. Hesitantly, I walked over, taking small steps. "Hi." I said and smiled widely. The kids looked at me, then turned away. One girl pushed over a bit to make room for me and I smiled gratefully. "Thanks." I whispered but then everyone looked up at me. "What?" I said and looked up to see a glowing trident and Percy was looking at me with a weird smile. "All hail Juliana Jackson, Daughter Of Poseidon." Someone said and I looked around to see everyone bowing. Sheepishly, I walked over to Percy who crushed my bones in a hug.

-

Percy's P.O.V.

-

Thank the gods she was my sister! If she had been anyone else's.... I shook my head as she sat down beside me. She had a simple blue hoodie on and dark denim jeans. Her converse had a bit of dirt on them and her hair was messily tied up. I could see why she was Leo's bestfriend. He didn't like when girls tried to look "pretty." He was watching her, probably making sure she was okay. He caught my gaze and looked away quickly. I smiled at her and frowned. "Are you okay?" I whispered. She was picking at her food and only sipping the blue soda sitting in front of her. She looked up at me. "Oh. Yeah. I'm fine..." She said, which didn't convince me at all. As dinner ended, we walked back to Cabin Three. I showed her the inside. "Welcome to Cabin Three! Children Of Poseidon!" I announced in a loud voice. She laughed slightly but walked straight over to an empty bed and lay down, looking at the charms on the necklace. She especially looked at the trident one. Her breathing became slower and I realized she had fallen asleep. Carefully, I walked over and covered her with a large blanket. "Sleep well little sister." I whispered and kissed her forehead lightly.

-