The Daughter Of Poseidon

Chapter 2 : I'm A What?!

-

Juliana's P.O.V

-

Having Leo by my side on the bus made me happy but he was concealed sometimes. I watched as he turned away and I saw the flames. "Leo! There's fire on you!" I cried as he whipped around and pressed his hand to my mouth, the flames disappearing. "Mmph!" I struggled and bit his finger. "Ow!" He said loudly. I smiled slightly. "Why do you have fire on your... Where did it go?!" I said and started breathing heavily. He tapped his knee in Morse Code. I couldn't decipher it but it was three words. I blinked and turned away sadly. "Nevermind. If you don't want to talk about it then its okay." I sighed and blinked back tears trying to fight their way out. My best friend didn't tell me anything.

-

Leo's P.O.V

-

I pinched myself and I bit my lip. I messed everything up. "Juliana." She shook my hands away. "Just leave me alone." She choked out and I turned away miserably. "Do you want the truth?" I asked quietly. She didn't answer but her head bobbed up and down slightly. "I-I'm a demigod. Half human, half god. So are you. Have you ever wondered why you can stay underwater for so long in the pool? And why you've been kicked out of every school?" She turned towards me and she had a single tear drop rolling down her cheek and I wiped it away gently. "I-I'm a demigod? Is that why I never met my father?" Before I could answer, one of the older kids, a bully for sure, came up. "This your girlfriend Valdez?" He snickered and punched her in the stomach. I could feel the flames heating my hands and I clenched my fists. "Leave her alone." I said and scowled. "I don't think so." The big kid said and slapped her on the cheek, a big red hand mark appearing on her face and her eyes filled quickly with tears. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and pushed her in back of me, punching the bully right in the nose.

-