40 | First doctors appointment

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Liam nodded. "He's just in the waiting area." He didn't mean to let his voice come out as a scoff, but it did. "Okay, I'd like for him to join." Doctor Di Vaio said and smiled, telling the curly haired boy to head to the office as he got Zayn.

But I don't want him to join, Liam thought in his heard and cursed loudly, looking at the nurses who just stared at him weirdly, rolling his eyes at them. He walked into the office and immediately laid down, placing his bag aside. He slowly pulled his shirt up and exposed his bump, his eyes glued onto the ceiling as he nervoulsy chewed his lip open again.

He could hear the doctors and Zayn's voice from outside the room before they walk in togther, Liam tilting his head back to look at them. He watched the blond make his way to one of the chairs, the older lad taking a seat across from him in the room. The doctor could feel the tension in the air between the two teenagers but he decided to keep quiet, putting on the rubber gloves. "Alright, Mister Payne. Are you ready to see what your baby is doing?" He asked with a charming smile while pulling the machine out, grabbing a bottle with the clear gel in it.

The brunette nodded his head amd could feel Zayns eyes boring into him but he ignored it, biting his lip. "This is gonna be cold love." Doctor Di Vaio chuckled, squeezimg a fair amount of the cold gel on his bump, Liam flinching a little in surprise. The boy had no idea if it was true, but he could swear he saw Zayn about to jump out of his chair.

He glanced over at the blond who looked a little anxious, his knee was bouncing a little, his lip was stuck between his teeth and his hands were gripping at the armrests of his chair. Liam smiled a little at that, liking the fact that Zayn was still protective enough of him. His eyes switched back to his doctor who already doing his job, his eyes set on the screen of the machine. "How's my baby?" He asked softly and bit his lip, wanting to desperately look at the picture himself.

"Your baby is doing fine. Everything seems to be– oh.. wait a minute." The doctor narrowed his eyebrows a little and switched the sound on the machine on, a loud sound of three heartbeats suddenly echoing through the office.

"What is that?" Zayn asked a little confused from behind the doctor, frowning a little. "That, my friend, is the sound of three hearts beating." Doctor Di Vaio smiled and looked at the brunettes who's eyes were blown wide. "Wh– what?"

"Congratulations mister Payne," the man chuckled softly, "you're expecting triplets."

Liam gasped, his eyes watering with tears but not the sad kind. "Oh my god." He breathed, his lips curling into the widest smile ever.

"Why don't you get yourself cleaned up and I will get five copies of the ultrasound, yeah?" Doctor Di Vaio smiled at him, taking off the gloves amd pressed a button on the machine. "I will give you two some privacy." He hummed and threw the trash away, tugging his hands into his pockets before leaving.

Liam sniffled and smiled softly, slowly getting up and grabbing some paper towels. He heard shifting from across the room as he cleaned up his bump, sighing. "Look, I know this is overwhelming and if you don't want to do this there is the–" he couldn't even finish his sentence when his face was lifted and a pair of soft lips pressed hard against his, a surprised gasp coming from him.

He looked at Zayn with wide eyes but slowly melted into the kiss, moving hid against the older lads. His arms slolwy wrapped around his neck and he pulled him closer, moaning softly as Zayn gripped his waist tightly. "I'm not leaving." The blond murmured into the kiss, a smile forming his lips. "I've been such a dick lately and I want to make it up to you." He pulled his head back to rest his forehead against the boy's.

"By making it up, you want to help me?" The curly haired lad asked and smiled a little at that, tilting his head up to bump their noses gently. "Yes." Zayn replied in a whisper and bit his lip, looking down at him.

"You got a lot of work to do then." Liam giggled and played with the small hairs on the back of his neck, the older lad chuckling. "I know." He smiled and looked down at the brunette, gently letting his thumbs rub ober the growing bump.

"I can't believe I got you pregnant with three kids at once." Zayn grinned a little proudly, only to earn an eye roll from Liam. "Don't be so full of yourself Malik. You know this makes me three times more emotional and moody right?" He told him to which the lad nodded his head. "If anything, I deserve all the shit that's about to go down from here." Zayn chuckled, the brunette humming in agreement.

"You do Malik, you do." Liam patted his chest and giggled cutely, the blond smiling fondly at his ex-best friend.

****

This is gonna be so much fun🌚🍼