Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Declan

Declan wandered around aimlessly throughout his room. His head was void of anything to do. Imagine Dragons blared on his radio but he paid no attention to the song playing, instead thinking of what to do. He was grounded from the xbox since his parents found him making out with a girl in his room. Come to think of it, he didn’t even remember that girl’s name. Polly, was it? No that was the week before. No, it was Sarah. Or was it? Declan couldn’t remember. He had hooked up with too many girls in the last week of school to remember which one got him grounded.

His nokia lumia buzzed where he had tossed it on his king sized bed. His eyebrows knit together in confusion. Why would anyone be texting him right now? He walked the few steps to his bed, and throwing his left shoulder behind him, he landed on his back on the plush mattress. Grabbing his phone, he unlocked it and saw who the text was from.

From: Thatch

yo bro guess who just returned to lil ol texas?

Received at: 8:12 pm.

Thatcher was texting him. That explained it. But who returned to Texas? Was he talking about that girl he met just today? Did she know Thatcher and Declan? Declan didn’t remember meeting that girl before today.

To: Thatch

who

Sent at 8:13 pm.

Declan wondered who could possibly be returning to Texas. Well, a lot of people came to Texas, but returning? That Declan would know other than relatives? He waited for his phone to beep but was disappointed when it didn’t. So he busied himself by playing a mean game of Angry Birds. Mean, as in that Declan got really mean when he lost. And he lost a loooot. His phone vibrated in his hand after a couple levels and he almost dropped it on his face.

From: Thatch

GUESS

Received at 8:21 pm.

Thatcher’s one word response angered Declan to no end. And he knew that Thatcher knew one-worded replies irked him.

To: Thatch

why don’t u just tell me

Sent at 8:22 pm.

Declan rested his phone on his chest as he lay back down on his back. He shut his eyes, waiting for another response. It came a few seconds later.

From: Thatch

fine bro. come over ASAP if u got the car

Received at 8:22 pm.

To: Thatch

on my way now

Sent at 8:23 pm.

Declan raced out of his messy room, slamming the door shut behind him. His feet pounded down the steps and into the kitchen. Quickly, he grabbed the car keys from the drawer, and scribbled a note out to his mom that said “Went to T’s. I will text when I get there and when I leave. Love u, D”. Declan unlocked the door, swung it open then shut and raced over to the old ford pickup. He clambered in, and shoved the keys in ignition anxiously. He didn’t know why he was so excited about whoever was coming back, but he hoped it was Thatcher’s grandmother. She baked brownies that were to die for. Apparently her secret ingredient was a pinch of pot, but that didn’t stop him and Thatcher from devouring them. Thatch had a really weird grandma, Declan thought to himself. Shrugging, he backed out of  the driveway and onto the street to Thatcher’s apartment building.