Burned In Our Skin

Hamilton was drunkenly trying to jam the spare key into John Laurens' apartment. He didn't remember how he got the key, but it was in his hands now and refused to do what he wanted. "Stupid fucking lock won't fucking open. Dumb piece of bullshit Jesus mcfucking Christ on a bike." He slurred, dropping his key and leaning his forehead against the cold wood of the door.

John pulled him away from the door and turned him around, frowning deeply. "Alex, bud, you're already in the house. The key doesn't go into this side of the door, man." Alex stared at him for a moment before starting to cry.

John hugged him and rubbed his back, whispering reassurances. The tea kettle on the stove began to hiss and Lafayette rushed to grab it. Hercules was on the couch, playing his phone.

Alex stumbled over to the couch and sat next to him, glancing at what he was doing. Thomas told James and Aaron about the failed proposal and now twitter was blowing up with people bashing Alex for being a pure asshole.

He looked at the ring shining on his finger and sobbed once again, remembering the things he had said to him. "Why am I such an asshole, guys?" He cried, picking up the bottle of whiskey from the table and drinking straight from it. Johns wiftly took the bottle away and frowned.

Lafayette hugged Alex and whispered, "You are sometimes, but you can be very sweet. You might lose your job and that is very stressful! It just wasn't a good day for you is all! Thomas is very understanding, I know he'll try to patch things up."

Alex shoved him away and shouted, "HE ISN'T THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO PATCH THINGS! IM THE ONE THAT YELLED AND INSULTED HIM! NOW HE'S PROBABLY SUCKING FACE WITH JAMES MADISON OR SOME BULLSHIT LIKE THAT! JAMES WOULD BE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND! HE MAKES AMAZING OMELETS AND HIS HAIR IS PRETTY AND I-"

Alex began to sob once again and the other patted his back, reassuring him that everything was fine.

"If Thomas was going to marry James, then who would he debate with every day?" Herc asked, looking at the others.

John nodded and commented, "Who else would keep him up at night with questions about the universe and its endless, infinite void of space?"

Lafayette followed up with, "Who would take his hand and kiss every single part of his skin, saying he was the loveliest man in the world?"

Alex smiled and sighed. He wiped his tears away and messed with the ring, twisting it on his finger.

"Do I really brag about him so much that you guys know about all of that silly stuff?" He asked, looking up at them.

Before any of them could answer, Laf laughed, "No, actually! Thomas talks about this! He goes on and on to me at his gigs about how you do all of these cutesy little things for him and love him to no end! He's obsessed with you, Hamilton!"

Alex blushed and looked down at his near empty bottle. He downed the rest of it and stood up.

"Alright! I'm going to go to Thomas and I'm gonna tell him how fucking obsessed with him I am! I'm gonna tell him all of my feelings!" Alex declared, grabbing his coat.

John smiled and cheered, "Yeah! Gonna finish your whiskey and go- wait that's a terrible idea you're more drunk then Laf during fourth of July!"

He grabbed Alex and tried leading him back to the living room. But, Alex was already shoving him away and running downstairs.

They all got into the car. Herc and Laf in the front, John and Alex in the back. "Alex, you're drunk. This is a bad idea. You get very angry when you're drunk." John warned, taking the whiskey bottle away and sliding it under the seat.