The Imaginary Friend Inside Your Head (part 14)

Hello!!

Welcome to what should be the very last chapter of The Girl, The Man and The Monster. It's finally uploaded! Yay...

Sorry for the late upload... my life sucks.... but it's okay! It's up now!

But for some big news...

There will be a sequel!!!!! The first chapter I will upload in three days, because my life is a mess right now. But anyway, I'm so glad that a sequel is coming, and I'm so sorry for the end. 😐 

Anyway, have at it. Enjoy!

(JACK'S POV)

How long has it been?

Days. Weeks. Maybe even months.

And here I am. Sitting around, just waiting. I don't even know what I'm waiting for. For her to spring back to life? For me to die of starvation? I slowly sit up, many muscles cracking. It'd been a long time since I'd stirred from my vigil over the corpse. I looked out the window next to Audrey's bed. Night time. I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

19th July.

It'd been a week. Okay. Not too bad. Not months.

I carefully looked at Audrey. How was she still perfect? Not a rotting corpse? Like she was... sleeping....

. I stretched and yawned. Better go and bury Audrey. She's not doing anyone good up here. But... hold on... Audrey said something before she died... something I'd quickly forgotten over her death.

She said Ennard was responsible for her death.

Instantly, I ran- faster than normal people could run- down the hall, grabbed my jacket, zipped it up, and bolted for the forest.

Unfortunately, someone intercepted me.

A tall, masked man, hiding in the shadows.

He stepped towards me. "Ah, Jack. My favourite nephew. Come and talk."

"Talk to my girl's killer?! Likely." I sneered. He'd pay. Soon.

"Your girl? How pretentious. I'm sure she never loved you. And now she never will."

I didn't rise to the bait. Not on the outside. I held on to the memory of Audrey's kisses for strength. "How can you be so sure?"

Ennard grinned horribly. "Because Anti told me everything."

I gasped. That little... then his eyes turned green. Anti's green. Poisonous.

I snarled, despite myself. "Anti is my brother. Why did you smash him into your body?!"

"Revenge. I'm making him feel the same pain I did, when he multilated me."

"You've for your revenge, let him go!" I shouted. "Let Anti out, and I'll fight you."

Ennard chuckled. "Why?"

I screamed abuse at him. "You killed my girl, and you're torturing my brother! What other provocation do I need?!"

Ennard sighed. "So violent... it shames me to see my flesh and blood like this."

I snorted. "Yeah right."

Ennard walked- no, glided- around to me. "Manners, Jack."

He lifted his hand and something appeared behind him. A rather large... body? It was so dark...

Audrey! Audrey's body! Why?!

"Ennard! Put her back!"

Ennard grinned. "A duel is in order." 

I readied myself to fight.

It was quiet. But only for a minute. Then a noise was born in my head, and it broke the silence. It grew until it turned into something I knew.

"Hey." It said.

"Hi." I said back. The noise seemed to remember what was going on. "Were in a bit of trouble. We need to work fast."

My brain was significantly slower. "You're Aileen!"

"Uh huh."

"My old imaginary friend.." I mused. 

"Can you please focus?! We have an important job now!"

"What?" I asked, my head sufficiently cleared.

"Uh, help your boyfriend?"

"Wha- oh! Jack isn't my boyfriend! Is he in trouble?" 

"Open your damn eyes!"

I found that my eyes were working again, and opened them. Jack was in trouble. He was fighting Ennard with Anti- and they were losing badly. 

"I can help them." Aileen said. 

"Do it."

(JACK'S POV)

My breathing was ragged, I had several long cuts, and we were losing. Anti was hurt, too.

Ennard was still fresh. We were going to die.

Then a crack echoed around the forest, and a lightning bolt struck out at Ennard, striking him down. He quickly got back up, gave us a look of deep loathing and said,

"I'll be back! Remember that! I'll get my revenge!" He disappeared.

I turned, on the verge of fainting, and saw this:

A back haired woman holding lightning in her hand. Her veins were black, her hair striped green. I'd never seen her before.

But I knew her.

Audrey had come back to me.

End of book 1.

P.s.

The second book will be called 'The Girl, The Irishman and Dark."