Chapter 47

We arrive back at the cabin, my paws starting to ache. I had never been in animal form for this long, its painful.
Jack and I stop before the cabin door as he looks down to me, staring and my yellow eyes.
I give him a nod, my ears twitching as I do. He returns with a nod, taking a deep breath in, reaching out for the door knob, twisting it and pushing open the door. He steps inside and I follow behind. Everyone looks over to us as Jack shuts the door but they all soon stand to their feet, staring with angry faces. Sally hid behind Sadie.
"Jack? What's that thing doing with you? You know we can't have any more pets. It's bad enough with Jeffs dog -Smiles." Hoodie says as he points to the red hound sitting beside him.
Huh? That thing.. Suddenly, my memory flashes back to when I first came here, Jack or Masky started to corner me but I had fallen over something red as it ran behind me. The thing that tripped me was a dog?! I stare at its features. It's face contained a wide smile exactly like Jeffs. No wonder it's his pet and named it smiles.

"Jack. Hoodie is right. Sally has only just warmed up to smiles. It's going to take her a long time to get used to a massive cat!" Sadie says as she protects Sally from behind her.
"Sadie. Sally is a proxy, she can handle herself." Spoke a monochrome clown. I had not yet been introduced to this proxy. There were a few others here I didn't know.
"So what LJ? She's still a child!" Sadie replies  in protest.
"Still a proxy!"
"Still a child!"
"Still a proxy!!"
"Still a CHILD!"
Sadie and the one now known as LJ, continued to bicker on and on about Sally's wellbeing with the 'cat' being here.
"Guys, I can't exactly get rid of her, she's already been living here for at least more than 4 months." Jack says as he walks over to them. Me following behind. I hadn't noticed that Jack was now wearing his mask again. When did he put that back on?
"What do you mean?" Spoke another proxy who I didn't know. This one also wore a mask, a bit like Maskys but he also held a paintbrush in his hand. His blue sweater stained with either paint or blood.
Jack scratches the back of his head as he looks down to me, asking my permission to tell them. I lower my head, my panther ears drooping before giving a nod.
"See, the thing is." Jack says as he raises his head to look at the proxies.
"The 'panther', isn't technically a real panther. It's [Name]. She's a shapeshifter and Slender has locked her in this form as a punishment. So she's unable to change back to human for a while." The whole room was silent. All apart from Sally. She squeals, running over to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. I purr as she begins to rub my head, playing with my ears.
"I should have known..I knew [Name] was a shapeshifter. I should have put two and two together." Sadie says with a sigh.
LJ and the one with the paintbrush walk over to Jack and begin to start whispering to him. Jack just shrugs to their questions. I'm not sure what they were talking about, but I didn't care. I was too busy purring at the affection Sally was giving.
I turn and lick her face, my rough, sandpaper like tongue gently brushes against her cheek. She giggles as she hugs my neck. I raise onto all four paws and she jumps on my back. Sitting as if I were a horse. I chuckle mentally as I begin to trot around. Sally giggles as she bounces around on my back with my movement.

All the proxies gather around Jack as he begins to explain to them how I cannot speak words but can only express through nodding or shaking my head. This was good for Jack to mention because now people know that I must be addressed with questions that can have  a yes or no answer. He also explains the whole situation with Masky and how I will not be human until he is healed and the fact that he won't heal without Jacks aid.
"I'll help you." LJ says with an evil smile and a wink. Jack just shakes his head.
"No thanks LJ. I've seen your work. You're not exactly the cleanest person ever when it comes to that sort of stuff. Masky would be dead within minutes. Then I'll never get [Name] back." Jack lowers his head. I hear Sadie tut as she walks over to me, grabbing Sally's arm.
"Come in Sally, lets go play."
"Okay!" Sally squeals as she jumps off my back, following Sadie.  I decide it's best not to interrupt Jacks conversation, so I begin to exit the room. As I leave, something catches my eye in the corner of all the proxies. It was Toby. He looked pretty rough.
I walk over to him, sitting down in front of him. He wasn't wearing his goggles or mouth guard so I could see all his facial features. He was pretty down. His clothes were rugged and he had a few wounds here and there. I tilt my head at him but he just chuckles, stroking my fur.
"D-Don't worry ab-bout me [Name]. I-It was my fault. I ch-chose to help you." He smiles but I could still sense he was upset.
Even though I was in love with Jack. I curl up next to Toby, just to comfort him until he feels better. He strokes my fur causing loud purrs to vibrate through my lips. He chuckles as I start to fall into a slumber against his touch.

~**~

A few weeks had passed. I was still trapped in the panther form. But it wasn't that bad. I was able to go hunting in the woods for deer and rabbits. It was pretty fun. I kinda hoped that Masky wouldn't get better so I could stay in this form for a little longer. Of course, I want to be human again, just not yet.
I lay on my belly on a rug by the fire as the cold nights start to come in. I didn't want to sleep in Jacks room. I mean. I'm a massive cat. I wouldn't fit in my bed and even if I did, I may break it or it wouldn't be comfortable. So instead I decide to sleep by the fireplace. Jack sometimes brings a blanket and sleeps next to the fire with me so I wouldn't get lonely. However, he didn't do that tonight. He wanted to be in his own bed.
I was in a deep sleep until I suddenly felt a shocking pain shoot through my tail. My eyes slam open to find Smiles - Jeffs dod, biting and tugging my tail. Blood seeping from under his teeth. I begin to roar and whine as flesh starts to rip from my tail. Why is he doing this?!
I tried to hold back, but my wild animal instincts took over. I lunged at Smiles, locking my jaws around his legs as I bite down hard. Yanking my head, pulling his leg as his flesh rips from under my fangs.
He whines out in pain as he lets go of my tail, snapping his jaws around my neck. He sinks his teeth in deep, only causing pain to shoot through me more. I  bite down harder and listen to the sweet sound of his bone breaking. He yelps out Loudly. Removing his teeth from my neck, surrendering. However, I wasn't finished with him yet. He tried to limp away but I latch my teeth on his back, sinking my fangs into his spine. His ear bleeding screeches could be heard by miles. Jeff and LJ both come running into the room.
"Smiles!" Jeff shouts as he runs over to the whining hound. He punches my snout, causing me to let go of the mutt. He picks up the dog, looking down at me in disgust.
"What did you do?!" He shouts enraged.
"Hang on Jeff." LJ says as he walks over to me. Growls and hisses still escaping through my lips as he feels around in my fur.
"[Name] has wounds too. I say she fought back as self defence. She is originally human after all and you know how Smiles can be sometimes."
Jeff just huffs as he exits the room, still carrying the wounded dog.
"Wait here [Name]. I'll go get Jack." With that LJ removes himself from the room. Leaving me alone once more.