Chapter 39

Eyeless Jacks POV
I carried [Name] out of the attic and down the stairs. Holding her tight as her body lay limp and unconscious in my arms. As I came down the final flights of stairs, I saw Toby walking towards me, however, I soon realised it wasn't me he was walking towards, it was the stairs. He glances at me and freezes in his place before lowering his head. He seemed ashamed of something. But I didn't bother to ask him. My main concern was [Name].
Ugh, what's happening to me? Am I going soft? I know proxies are meant to take care of each other but this is ridiculous.

I held [Name] in my arms as I traveled down and through the hallways as fast as I could. I needed to take her to my surgical room. That was the last place on earth I wanted to take her but I needed to for her own health and wellbeing.
I started to quicken my pace as my operating room door came into view. Why do I need an operating room? I may kill victims and harvest their organs in their own homes or on the street. But out of all the proxies here, I know the most about the body so I am considered the doctor if anyone has a problem.
As I got closer and closer, BEN suddenly popped up in front of me, stopping me.
"BEN, get out of the way." I growled. BEN flinched a little but he soon regained his composure, tilting his head with an annoying smile. Causing me to grind my teeth. He was here to cause trouble.
"I'm sorry Jack. I can't do that."  My grip on [Name]'s form tightens as I start to grow agitated.
"BEN, I need to get [Name] into my operating room. Move out of the way!" I snarl as I step closer. BEN annoyingly shakes his head.
"I can't let you do that."
"Why the hell not?!"
"We haven't finished."
"Haven't finished what? And who's 'we'?"  Suddenly BEN froze. As if he had spoken to much. He lowered his gaze before shaking his head once more, crossing his arms. I tsk and push him aside with my shoulder. Walking past him towards the operation room. The steel door grew bigger and bigger until I stopped due to a voice behind me.
"You shouldn't have done that." The voice growled. It was BEN. I turn around to see shadows over his face as blood oozed from his eyes. His pupils turning dark red as the rest of his eyes turned black. I snarl at his transformation.
"BEN. If you know what's good for you, back off." I warn him. However, his stubbornness gets the best of him. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a razor covered in dried blood. He then pulled something else out. It was skin in the shape of a heart with a hollow centre. A wide grin formed on his face, almost as wide as Jeffs.
"You're not the only one who's good with razors." BEN chuckles. I peer down at [Name], who lay in my arms. Looking at her bandages around her stomach and arm.
"What did you do." I ask angrily as I snarl at BENs smirk. He doesn't answer me. Instead he runs, charging at me. The razor outstretched in his hand. I had no way to protect myself with [Name] in my arms. So I just turned my back, braising for impact. However, instead I hear a grunt from BEN, followed by the sound of a thud. I turn back around to see Toby standing over BEN as he lay on the floor. Toby gives me a nod and I return one before making my way towards the operating room.

BEN Drowned POV
I smirk as I make a dash for it, charging towards Jack, slashing the razor. He turns his back on me leaving him unprotected. As I grew closer, I was about to begin laughing but I suddenly feel a force push against me, causing me to fall to the floor.
"Gah." I grunt as I hit the ground with a thud. I look up to see Toby standing over me. He looks to Jack, giving him a nod. Jack does the same before going into the operation room, shutting the door.

"What the hell Toby!?" I hiss as I stand to me feet, brushing myself off.
"I-I no longer w-wanna be *tic* apart of t-this." He stutters and tics as he speaks. I narrow my brows at him in a frown.
"[N-Name] hasn't d-done anything to *tic* I-Irri-tate me. "
"I thought you were angry because she wasn't innocent anymore?"
"I w-was. At first. B-But I can't stay m-mad for a *tic* reason like *tic* that." 
"Masky ain't gonna be happy Toby."
"I don't c-care."
"Fine. Suit yourself." I hiss before turning and walking away. Leaving Toby alone in the hallway. I hear him sigh before I fade away, teleporting into  the TV in the tv room.