Chapter 6

"I'm going on a mission. I won't be back till later." He says nothing more, turning and walking out the door, shutting it behind him. I sigh looking down at my feet. So many things rushed through my mind it gave me a headache. I stumble over to my - the bed I'm meant to be sleeping on, sitting on the centre with my back leaning on the wall. I dragged my knees to my chest, folding my arms, resting my chin on them, as they rested on my legs. What am I going to do... Why is my life like this.. why me?.. I nearly killed my parents, my mother twice.. they abandoned me as they feared for their lives... I was dumped at some facility where they experimented on me, injecting things into me.. removing things from my body.. I shiver, pulling my knees in closer and tighter. I manage to escape. Only to be captured again by things called 'proxies'. I have no idea if I am their equal or their prisoner... I'm hoping they won't harm me.. Slender said they are not allowed to but how many of them actually listen to him?... I should just be glad I'm not in that facility any more. My eyes shoot open in realisation of what I just though. My breathing starts to become heavy and my body trembles. My hands vibrate, shaking side to side and up and down. Shaking constantly. Not from the cold, but out of fear. What if they come looking for me again?! What if they know I'm here?! Will they kill me?! Will they bring me back and experiment on me more?! What would they have done if i didn't... I clench my fists, grinding my teeth. I hate thinking about the freak that I am. No.. I didn't do it.. A small tear rolls down my cheek and I exhale deeply, glancing over to the door. I think about whether or not I should leave the room but before I could decide, I was already walking towards the door, reaching out to open it. I hold onto the handle, turning it to the right, slowly creaking the door open. I poke my head out, the hallways were quiet. I took a deep breath and stepped outside the room, closing the door behind me. Which way was the kitchen again? I think for a few seconds before I remember. I turn to my right , walking down a hall which seemed to go on forever before finally turning left. The kitchen started coming into few. Maybe BEN will be in here.. I know I've only just met him so I can't say we're friends but he's the only once who was nice to me.. I mean, Jack was nice to me.. cleaning up my wounds. But he's the reason I had them in the first place! Well.. I mean.. technically it was Masky. So I guess I shouldn't blame Jack.. I sigh and slowly walk into the room. I heard the sounds of cutlery clanging together as someone washed them in the kitchen sink. I carefully look around the bend to see a guy in a hoodie. This wasn't Jack, nor Jeff. Or that weird guy who always hangs round with Masky.. I don't know his name yet.
"H-hello?" I stutter. I was so nervous. What if he attacks me? Did I make the wrong decision by talking to him. He turns around after hearing my voice. The clanging had stopped and he held a cloth in his hands, drying them. Once he faced me fully, I could see all his features. Well.. most of them. His hair was brown, poking through his hoodie, like Jack's does. He had orange goggles over his eyes and wore a mouthguard. However, his appearance, rather, the way he dressed, didn't scare me. The thing that did scare me was the fact that he kept ticking and twitching as he walked towards me. I took a few steps back. This caused him to stop, tilting his head. But he was still in reach if he were to grab me, so I stared wary of him. I was frozen for a while until his muffled chuckle broke our silence.
"I'm T-Toby" He said, holding out his hand. His twitching and ticking caused him to stutter, his hand jumped into the air a little every time he twitched.
His mouthguard raised at the corners, I'm guessing he was smiling underneath. I just gave a small smile in return, reaching my hand out to shake his. However, as soon as I placed my hand in his, I hears a high pitch yell as someone pinned me to the floor. Pain shot up my body and my face. I look up, expecting to see Toby pinning me, but it wasn't. It was Clockwork. I remembered from earlier how she stormed in looking for Toby. I'm guessing she likes him.
"Stay away from Toby brat! He's mine! You got that?! Don't touch!" She spat in my face. Small droplets of her saliva sprayed across my forehead. Say it don't spray it! My eyes blinked a couple of times before I realised what she had said.
"I-I'm so sorry.. I didn't know- I was just-" I couldn't seem to get the right words out but it didn't matter as Toby soon interrupted me.
"E-Easy Clockwork. I was just go-going to shake her hand. No big d-deal." He said, shrugging. Placing his hands in his pockets. Clockwork shot off of me, grabbing the collar of Toby's hoodie.
"No big deal!" She hissed, storming away, dragging Toby with her. I sit up and start to stand to my feet. Ive never seen a girl overreact over some guy like that before.. Kinda silly really.. I shrug and just make my way back to Jacks room. On my way I bump into BEN.
"Oh, hey BEN." I gave a small smile and gestured a wave. He smiled and waved back, walking up to me.
"Hey [Name] - huh?" He said, tilting his head at me. He reached his hand out to touch my face but I shy away, taking a step back. He blinks blankly before lowering his hand.
"W-what are you doing?" I question. Raising a confused brow at him. He chuckles.
"Clockwork got to you didn't she?" How.. wait what? Both my brows were now raised. I was stunned and confused.
"How did you-"
"She left her 'signature' trademark on your eye." He gestures, tracing around his own eye. From what I could see, it looked like he traced a C.
"Trademark?" I ask, shrinking my shoulders, staring at him.
"Yeah. She must have got you pretty good too. That's quite a gash." He says. Walking towards me, closing the gap I had made between us.
"I didn't even realise she scratched me.. I thought she just.. pinned me.." I look down at my feet, he just giggles tilting his head at me, grinning.
"She's pretty quick." He laughs, patting me on the shoulder before walking away in the opposite direction.
I sigh and continue on my way back to the room.