Chapter 23

He waves a hand in front of my face, checking I wasn't day dreaming, in my own little world.
"Hey? Are you going to answer me?" He hisses through his teeth, behind his mask. Obviously very agitated and annoyed that I hadn't replied yet. [Name], answer him. Do NOT annoy this guy. He eats organs! And remember his teeth!! On your first day of training, before it started, you saw his teeth!! Pointy shark like!!! That's gonna hurt if he were to bite you out of anger!
A shiver is sent down my spine as my body begins to shake and shudder.
"I'm um.. I think I just need some fresh air." I say as I stand to my feet, inhaling deeply. Jack stands back, allowing me to pass him. I make my way to the door but I'm suddenly stoped by something grabbing my arm. I look to the source to see Jack's hand reaching out, his fingers latching across my elbow.
"J-Jack?.." I stutter in slight fear of why he had stopped me. But my fear soon grew into horror when I watched as he reached his hand into his pocket. - his pocket which would normally contain, a scalpel. I gasp as my eyes widen. I turn and push against his chest, pushing him away from me. He lets go of my arm as he stumbles back.
"No!!" I cry as I turn and bolt out of the room. Running down the hallway into the kitchen. I hear an angry growl from behind me, followed by the thumping of footsteps. They must have been Jack's. My breathing becomes heavy as I continue to run. Luckily there was a door in the kitchen, dining room, leading outside. I wasted no time to open it and run out of the cabin. No Jack! Please don't kill me! Don't use your scalpel on me! I plead in my head. Begging that he would stop following and give up.

I run deep into the woods that was behind the cabin. Deeper and deeper. The sounds of footsteps started to fade away. As I continue to run, I check over my shoulder. Jack is no where to be seen. So, I slower my pace to a steady walk until I stopped. I lent forward with my hands resting on my thighs. Catching my breath. Panting like a dog as I inhaled more oxygen.
Once my breathing was back to normal and my heart race returned to its normal pace. I checked behind me one last time. Jack was still no where to be seen. I sigh in relief, turning and taking a step forward. However, by doing this, I pump into something. Causing me to stumble. Once I had caught my bearings, I stared down in front of me. Black sneakers pointed at me. My body began to tremble as I slowly raised my gaze. The shoes were follows by dark jeans, then a dark hoodie. Followed by a blue mask with black ooze coming out the eye sockets. I gasp as my eyes slam open. Before I had time to speak, Jack had grabbed me and pinned me to a tree, pinning my arms above my head.
"Gah!" I exhale on impact as my back hit the tree. I try to scream but Jack uses his free hand to cover my mouth. I try my best to wriggle from his grip. It was useless but I didn't give up. I continued to struggle. Only for Jack's grip to tighten. Causing me to wince in slight pain. My eyes shot around the area, looking for something I could use as a weapon. But they soon locked on Jack once he spoke.
"Look at me." He demands. My eyes freeze as they stare deep into his mask. His mask staring right back at me. Water started to fill in my eyes, causing my vision to blur. All it took was one blink, for the water to fall from my sockets and dribble down my face. 
"Why did you run?" He growls. Tilting his head to the side. I tried to speak but my body was too shaken. More tears filled in my eyes as he started to grow impatient. A snarl echoed from under his mask.
"Answer me!" He demands, leaning closer and tightening his grip on my wrists and around my mouth. I flinch in terror as a cry seeps from my lips, through his gloved hand.
Knowing that I couldn't talk, I looked  down at his pocket, then back up to his mask, to the pocket, then to his mask once more. Trying to gesture my reason. Rather than talking. Luckily he notices my gesture, removing the hand around my mouth and reaching into his pocket. Watching him do this causes me to squeal in horror as I struggle against his grip. However this didn't phase him one bit. My breathing increased as he started to pull something out of his pocket. It felt like I was going to hyperventilate.
"P-Please Jack! D-Don't do this! Don't kill me! Please!" I beg. He stops pulling on whatever is in his pocket and just freezes. Lifting his head to look at me.
"What?" He says in confusion as he watches my face stream with tears, listening to my pleads and heavy breathing.
"Please.. Dont cut me with your scalpel.. I don't wanna die! Please!" I plead once more. Rocking slightly back and forth within his grasp. I sob more and more until I'm stopped by a chuckle. I watch as Jack removes the object from his pocket. However, I was shocked at what I saw. It wasn't his scalpel. It was my diary - unlocked without its chain.
"M-My diary?" I ask. My voice still shaky from the sudden fear. Jack opens it, glancing at the first - and only, entry so far.
"Toby found it and gave it to me. It was already unlocked when it got to me." He said in his defence. But what confused me, was how Toby got it and how he opened it?.. and why Jack wanted to show me it..
"Did you.. Read it?.." I ask nervously. Jack lifts his head from the diary, looking at me. Staring at me. 
He lifted the diary, turning it so the pages where facing me. I could no longer see the cover of the book, all I could see was my hand writing in white pages.
"Why did you write about not knowing anything about me yet? I thought I said I didn't want you to have anything to do with me!" He shouts. Erupting with anger and frustration. He releases his grip from my wrist, only for him to slam his hand against the tree beside my head. Causing me to flinch in fear and shock. A small gasp escapes me lips, followed by my arms dropping by my side.
"Why did you write this?!" He asks. I could hear him gritting his teeth, scratching the tree with his finger nails, even through his gloves.
"I.. I.." I couldn't get the right words out. What was I supposed to say?