Iceland x Ghost!Male Reader

Beginne am Anfang

But the way he talked carelessly as if today was the best day of his life, Emil couldn't help but envy him. Not too much, it was Matthias after all, but the optimistic and cheery attitude, as if nothing could take him down. As if he was perhaps king of the world, that no one could stop him from doing anything. 

Emil knew that was what he thought, everyone that knew Matthias could clearly tell from his open persona. 

Emil smiled a little and swallowed some more beans. He could feel a gentle breeze against his neck, his shoulders, which had before been up under his ears, slowly started falling down and relaxing. 

He felt somewhat at peace, in a way hard to explain.

Dinner would soon be finished. It was the usual. Emil was asked to clear off the table, which he quickly complied to. It was weird, because every time he would clean the plates, more soap would find it's way to the plate and he couldn't get the plate completely clean. He could hear a slight chuckle in his ear, making him smile. 

A small blush would find its way to Emil's freckled cheeks and his brother would notice. Of course he would notice, Lukas always notices everything. 

Lukas rubbed his thumbs against the sides of Emil's crimson red ears. They were hot, it felt like Emil's heart was pumping in his throat and that a knot of blood had placed itself randomly on his face, some going to his cheeks, other to his ears and the last little bits to his nose, his freckled nose poking out. His nose looked thin and strong standing like the straight fin of a shark. 

He could feel a breeze on it too. He had gotten a kiss. Or perhaps the window was open. He wanted to look, but was restrained from doing so by Lukas who was nuzzling his ears between his fingers.  

Lukas would do so when they were younger as well. "Your ears are so hot" Lukas told as he finally let go of Emil's ears. Emil would hush him away like usual and look away. Emil tried to continue with his cleaning of the plates, but just like before they wont get really clean. Emil had let out a small sigh, almost not audible, but it made Lukas grab his hand. "You're so cold" He stated. "Just like always" The older of the two pulled a short smile, not noticeable to the regular eye. But Emil saw. Of course he saw, he always see. "Do you know why?.. Why you're hand is so cold?" Lukas asked, as he continued to hold onto the arm that belonged to Emil. "I see him" Lukas told, whispering it into the ear of his brother. "Who do you see?" Emil asked in a confused tone, but he knew who Lukas was talking about. Lukas was talking about it. "I see him, the ghost boy that holds your hand and the one that hug you when you cry at night." Lukas explained as he lost his grasp on Emil. "I see him and he's the reason why you're always so cold".

Emil didn't quite know how to react. He tried sending Lukas a friendly smile, hoping it would send him off. But of course it didn't. Besides, Emil wanted answers. Answers to questions he haven't even asked yet, because he couldn't quite think of a way to make an understandable sentence. 

Emil wanted to know who it, well who he is. Or was, to be more precise. "Who is he? Tell me more, Lukas" Emil had said, the last part almost as a form of begging. Emil usually wasn't one for begging, but they were talking about what had been comforting him for weeks, with no end. The one that had laid with him and hugged him when no one else had the power to do it. 

Emil needed to know. 

Emil didn't want to not know. And he honestly couldn't help the curiosity. The way he would always try to find an excuse for the sudden movement of the wind, or the way his blanket would hug him at night. Even the strange way the towels and sleep wear made it to the toilet after he showered.