"Really, I was the victim, if anything," I laugh, as Damon reluctantly loosens his grip on my throat slightly, continuing to glare at me coldly, "believe it or not, Charlie here was taking me somewhere private so she could have her way with me. But, I guess you can't really be a victim if you like it."

I meet Charlie's eyes, smirking when I notice the scowl she's giving me, a look that was definitely meant to say not helping, Kai.

My words only piss off Damon more, judging by the way a growl leaves his lips. "Don't you ever lay a hand on her, do you hear me, psycho?"

Little late for that, buddy.

"Whatever you say, vampire," I retort with a humorless smile, "since we've resorted to labels."

"Listen, smartass–"

"Damon," Caroline and Charlie hiss simultaneously, an occurrence that I found pretty comical.

He looks between the two of them before huffing loudly, yanking his hand away from my neck. I glance down at the close proximity he maintains to me, rolling my eyes and shoving the vampire away.

"Personal space, Damon," I tell him, my hand going up to rub my neck, "it's a thing, even for you entitled bloodsuckers."

"Um, offensive," Caroline scoffs.

"Um, don't care," I mock her high-pitched voice, earning an irritated look from her as she rolls her eyes.

I walk away from Damon to stand next to Charlie, noticing the nervous way she starts to fiddle with her fingers when my shoulder brushes hers. Her eyes dart from me to her friends, the three of them watching us cautiously, Damon looking like he's going to explode.

"Get away from her," Damon demands, advancing toward me. His girlfriend quickly grabs his elbow, pulling him back. He glares down at her look of disapproval.

"What's going on?"

Charlie and I turn our heads to see who else decided to join in on the anti-Kai party. Honestly, I should start using this to my benefit. Set up a booth or something–come one, come all, to have a personal meeting with a real, live sociopath! One dollar per insult, five dollars per punch.

An unfamiliar male looks around at all of us with his eyebrows pulled together. His eyes land on me and he frowns. I smile back at him, waving a hand lightly in greeting. The smile on my face transforms into a smirk when I observe the way his expressions shifts suddenly and his jaw clenches. Guess he figured out that I'm the sociopath everyone's clearly been hearing a lot about.

"This, brother," Damon says to the male, jerking his head in my direction, "is the guest we've all been waiting for. The new town crazypants."

"You're referring to me as crazypants?" I snort, "don't you, like, eat people?"

Damon glances at me, saying nothing, the only response I get being an impatient look.

I rethink Damon's statement to the unknown figure–brother. Which means...

"You must be Stefano!" I exclaim cheerfully, walking past Charlie to clap his shoulder. He eyes my hand on his shoulder then looks at me, a tight smile forming on his face.

"And you must be the guy who trapped my friend in his own hell dimension," He replies, shoving my hand off of his shoulder.

"Psycho, sociopath, guy-who-trapped-Charlie-in-the-prison-world," I rattle off the various ways I've been named since escaping 1994, "guess they're all pretty viable ways to refer to me. But, I prefer to go by Kai."