08 | The Tracks

"Guess where we're going?!" Mia squealed catching me off guard and making me drop the last of my clothes, which I had managed to unpack, in surprise. Gracie who had been sleeping on the bed peacefully, hissed at Mia since she disturbed her slumber.

"Mia" I grinned, "when'd you get here?"

After buying the promised food Mia dropped both Chase and I home.

"A few minutes ago" she plopped down on my bed and sat cross legged stroking Gracie who had seemingly forgotten about Mia waking her up, "anyways so after I told Megan who told Noah who discussed it with the rest of the gang we have come to a unanimous decision that... wait for it... drumroll please..."

"Mia so help me if you don't tell me right now-" I threatened playfully,

"Okay okay!" she giggled, "You're coming to the Tracks with us!"

"The Tracks?"

"The Tracks! You know, the races? Come on let's pick an outfit"

It was currently 9:00pm outside and I was planning on watching the first two Fast and Furious movies but this was the next best thing.

Mia headed straight to my wardrobe and began flinging out items of clothing having them land around me. One of my t - shirts had landed on Gracie and she took this as her cue to leave but not without sending Mia and I glares.

Finally she pulled out a pair of tight white shorts and a branded black cropped hoodie.

"Wear this!" she said throwing the items on my having them land exactly on my face,

"I didn't even agree to this, I was just planning on watching Fast and Furious and then sleeping? As you can see I've gotten a pretty tight schedule" I groaned flopping down on my bed,

"The Tracks are literally Fast and Furious come on let's go!" she pleaded.

After a lot of contemplating I finally agreed,

"Put some more effort into it!" Mia scolded as I walked out in my outfit, bare faced.

She dragged me back inside and did my makeup, a little more than I usually apply but when she was done with me I looked much better than the simple hoodie and jeans I usually wear to school.

"I'm an artist!" she cried as she looked at her masterpiece as I slipped on my silver locket.

"Ah there's that famous modesty we all know and love"

"Shut up, you'd be bragging too if you were as good as me" she smiled at me playfully.

"Are you guys done!?" Chase swung the door open and Mia and I screamed at the sudden surprise, Mia threw a pillow at the doorway where a grunt was heard from the impact.

"Chase! You scared the crap out of us!" I scolded throwing another pillow at him,

"You're taking forever let's go!"

We all headed down towards the living room where Noah, Megan, Kyle, Dylan and Liam were already standing waiting for us.

"You know I'd never thought I'd say this but, you two take longer than Chase when he's trying to make his hair look natural" Liam joked when we reached the living room.

"Hey! This look takes time" Chase defended running his hands through his hair as we all laughed at his embarrassment.

"Can we take her with us?" Dylan cooed stroking Gracie who was surrounded by Megan and Kyle who was also fawning over her, although she didn't look too impressed when Dylan touched her tail and she hissed at him before stalking off,