Assigned.

Evans POV-

Guess what, another day of anxiety. Yesterday, Connor shoved me in the haul, which hurt a lot because of my cast. I'm fine though... I think. I sit up on my bed, checking the time. It's 2 hours before school starts, why did I have to wake up at this time. I almost forgot, those little letters I have to write for my therapist. Those barely help, but it'll give me something to do for right now.
I got up out of bed and walked to my desk. I grabbed a post-it note and sat down and started to write.

Dear Evan Hansen,
Today is going to be a good day because

Because what? Well, I guess I'm getting assigned a character to play as for our new play coming out called Heathers. Never heard of it or seen it, but it sounds interesting.
I scribbled all over the paper and crumbled it, shoving it into my desk.

I started to walk to my bed and lay down. I was thinking of so many terrible thins that could happen today, what character I would get assigned, or how me and Connor would interact today.

(Time skip brought to you by laziness)

I walked into the theatre room, and looked around to see if I could spot Zoe. Zoe was a pretty girl, and the nicest person I've known. I spotted her and started to walk towards her with a slight smile on my face.
"Hey Evan! Sit here." She said as she smiled and patted on the seat next to her.
"Ok class! Time to announce the assigned characters of the show! You'll have 2 months to practice everything and all the dance moves. Let's get started! First off, Connor Murphy playing as... JD!"
I looked over to see Conner sitting next to Zoe, he had a grin on his face, I guess he likes that character?
"Jared as.... Heather Chandler!"
I looked around to find Jared, couldn't spot him. Whatever.
"Zoe as.... Heather Duke!"
I looked over to see Zoe, she had a huge smile on her face, she seemed excited.
"Evan Hansen as..... Veronica Sawyer!"
Wait what?! I thought Veronica was a girl! Well.... So is Martha. I heard someone giggling and looked over to see Conner looking at me and laughing quietly.
I then looked over to Zoe and she had a shocked face.
"What? What happened?" I whispered
"We'll tell you after class" Zoe whispered.

(After class)

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!" Connor was laughing loudly. "What?" I asked. "Have you heard the song.... Dead Girl Walking?" Asked Zoe. "No, why?" I asked confused.
"Look at the script book the teacher passed out and search for the song. Look at what moves you have to make and the lyrics..." Zoe said.
I found the song and started to read it. The more I read it, the more my eyes widened. Connor was still laughing his ass off.
"Ride you till I break you?! What the hell?! Remove shirt and sit on JD?! WHAT?!?" I yelled. This was embarrassing, especially since I had a tiny crush on Connor for a while.

This was gonna be a journey..