full

he sat patiently at a small table, holding a cup of coffee in his hands. he tapped the side of cup repeatedly as he waited and waited.

he had been here many many times. he often went of dates with seulgi here, it was their favorite spot. it was warm and cozy, providing comfort even on the darkest days. his heart hurt at the thought of seulgi.

he looked up at the sound of the door opening, revealing a small irene along with a tall taehyung. jimin caught taehyung's eye, resulting in taehyung bringing irene over to the small table jimin was sitting at.

"i'll go get something, babe. you stay here and talk." tae said, breaking the awkward silence. irene nodded, watching taehyung walk to the counter.

jimin cleared his throat and spoke up. "so, uh."

irene turned her attention away from her fiancé and turned to jimin. jimin noticed her face was more red than usual. her eyes were puffy and red, and to be frank, she didn't look well.

"jimin." her hoarse voice spoke out.

"j-joohyun."

she took a deep breath.

"jimin. i don't know what's going to happen to seulgi."

his heart pulled at him once more.

"i was there. i was on phone with her moments leading up to when she jumped of the bridge. i tried my best to get to her before she could, but i was. . .i was. . ."

at this point, tae returned from ordering their drinks and was consoling irene who was close to bursting out in tears and she recalled upon the memories of a few nights ago.

"i was too late."

she covered her face with her hands, not wishing for anyone to witness her crying. she quickly wiped away the tears and turned to jimin again.

"during out phone call, she talked about you a lot."

he furrowed his eyebrows. "she did?"

irene nodded. "i know you were bitter towards her because you broke up, but jimin, seulgi was so guilty. she felt so bad for having to leave you like that. she couldn't stop saying how bad of a person she was and how you deserved better."

"she also started talking about how you moved on."

jimin suddenly felt guilty. he knew what she was talking about, but in reality, he hadn't moved on at all. he was in a state of anger and wanted to give seulgi a taste of her own medicine. he realized how stupid it was. he still was sad over her and no one could fix that. except seulgi.

"she wanted me to tell you, she hopes you're happy. happy with your new girl, happy with your new life, happy-" her breathe hitched. taehyung grasped her hand tightly, attempting to give her some type of support. she gave him a small smile.

"happy without her."

tears formed in his eyes as he shook his head at her words.

"you know damn well that i can't do that." he spoke up. "i won't. how can i be happy if she's gone?"

irene stared down at the table for a minute before looking back up at jimin.

"jimin, do you know why she broke up with you?"

he shook his head. "she just said we weren't happy anymore."

"of course she couldn't tell you the truth. she broke up with you because. . .her company forced her to. they were planning to create some dating scandal with her and kim jongin, or as you know, 'wonderboi'."

his hands balled into fists at the mention of jongin. he slightly felt guilty for blaming the boy for the chase of the breakup, when in reality it was seulgi's entertainment company's fault. but he still hated the guy.

"she really loved you, you know? she didn't want to break up with you. she kept saying how much she wanted to hold you one last time. how she wished she could tell you how much she loved you."

"she was struggling a lot, wasn't she?" jimin questioned, his voice cracking.

irene slowly nodded. "she must've been so lonely for the past year. i just wish i could've done something. make some effort to call her, maybe catch up? i don't know."

"what kind of boyfriend was i? my girlfriend was suffering and i failed to see it. and then when she broke up with, i had to act out." he buried his head in his hands.

"hey, it's okay. none of us saw it. wendy, joy, yeri, none of us. that's the scary thing about seulgi. she can hide her real feelings 'til the end."

"but that's when it's too late." he said softly.

irene sighed. "i just had to get this off my chest and it would've been wrong to have told you over text."

he nodded, holding his cup closer to him.

"thanks for meeting me. if you wanted to know, she staying at the kandong hospital." irene said quietly before standing up.

taehyung retrieved their drinks and together they exited the small café. jimin watched their retreating figures, sitting back in his own seat, wondering if anything was ever going to be okay again.

another long chapter woohoo. i finally finished spring break yesterday and i'm currently dying bc i hate school😩😩 wish me gl bc idk how to survive