Let That Lonely Feeling Wash Away...

Evan ran out the door to the bus stop. His mother was at work so it had been only him all night. He waited for the bus to arrive- which felt like an eternity. The bus came to a full stop in front of Evan. The bus driver was nice, he would say hello to Evan every day and ask how he was doing. Evan would give the same lame answer every time-"Good morning," "I'm good". He sat towards the front of the bus, gazing out the window. After a few stops, Connor walked up the stairs of the bus, stopping next to Evan. "Hey, Evan," the sound of Connor's voice made him jolt, turning around to face him. Connor sat down next to him. He's trying to be friends with me. Evan looked at Connor, not sure what to say. "So, uh- H-how are you-- Oh wait..." Evan reached into his bag, pulling out Connor's sketchbook. He handed it to him, Connor giving a small nod to thank him.

Evan and Connor walked into the school together, only to be stopped by the one and only," Well, well... Mr. Tree kid with the school shooter boy?... Maybe I was wrong about Evan li-" Evan cut himoff, "Jared! Shush!" Jared smirked. "Well, I'll be off then." "What was that all about..?" Connor muttered. Evan's face turned vibrant red," Uhm- d-don't think into it t-too much." Jared! He almost told Connor that I like Zoe! "I'm going to go to my locker..." Connor said, starting to walk away. "O-ok..!" Evan ran up the stairs to his locker, fiddling with his lock, trying to get it open. He opened the locker door, setting his backpack in and grabbing all of his supplies for first period. He walked down the halls- down the less packed ones. He was pretty good at finding shortcuts throughout the school. Opening the door to the classroom, he sat in an empty seat towards the back of the room.

Ding. The final bell. School was finally out. Evan gathered his stuff from under the desk as Connor walked into the room. "Hey, Evan." Evan jolted, turning around to face Connor, "Oh hey Connor." "Do you wanna go do something? Like, I dunno, go to the park or something..." Evan's gaze traveled around the room. "Oh, um yeah." Connor looked at Evan before starting to walk out of the classroom, "Ok, let's go." Evan followed behind as the walked out of the school, and into an open field. Connor sprinted off into the trees, Evan following close behind. Connor stopped and slid down against trunk of a tree, staring at Evan, who knelt in front of Connor. The two had finally started to become closer. " Hey, Evan..." Connor trailed off for a second before starting again,"I've always wanted to be friends with you... I guess I've just always come off as a huge dick." Evan looked at Connor who was staring down at his hands. "I- uh- I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. It's mine." Connor glanced up from his hands to meet Evan's gaze for a split second.

THIS IS A PRETTY SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY I JUST N E E D E D TO UPDATE!!! Sorry I haven't updated in almost a week! I've just had no motivation or ideas to finish this. I've also had MAP testing all week in school so that was a bit stressful. Also thanks so much for over 300 views?!? This is growing so fast I can't even keep up with it lol! I will try to do as much as I can to find a way to bring back some ideas. So I'll see you guys soon!