Chapter Four

Me and Penny began walking back to the abandoned building we ditched our stuff at. We were both pretty hyped up from the things the Yolanda girl was saying, so we were both on edge waiting for anything to happen tonight.

We got to the building and began going inside, since we spent a lot of time here we had decorated it. Through the door and down the few steps were galaxy painting, it went all the way up the wall and had drizzled onto the floor. Each time I walked into this place it felt as if I was in space somewhere.

We let out a breath of air as we reached our spot. Our cozy home may not have been the best looking place, but it was soothing. We had furniture, a closet, a bathroom, a radio and I had even funded a microwave in here, but it wouldn't have been there if I didn't run chords through this place allowing us the electricity.

This place was originally organized as a gift from me to Penny for her thirteenth birthday. It was supposed to have my painting across the walls basically worshiping her, but I figured having blank walls would be way better and more special because we could paint together.

Penny plopped down onto the couch and put her face in her hands letting out a loud sigh. I honestly felt bad, I ruined her night with her friend. Me presence made everything terrible, and honestly that made me feel really shitty on the inside.

I sat next to her and embraced her into a side hug resting my head on her lowered shoulders.
"Penny, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to ruin anything with you and you friends. I feel really bad and-" I was interrupted by a male voice that made us both jump in union.

"You didn't ruin anything, but this is a nice ass place"

I turned around and realized it was Dizzee, Boo-Boo and Ra-Ra.

"This house of yours is really nice, its really amazing" Dizzee said walking along the wall that was fully painted.

I smiled and mouthed a thanks to him as the three boys walked around the basement. Boo-Boo and Penny were already in each others faces laughing and talking about something Unknown, they were whispering so I couldn't hear the conversation, but it seemed to make them happy so I smiled in their direction.

"You good?" Dizzee asked me

"Yeah, I was just thinking about something" I paused looking down at my fidgety hands "but why are y'all hear" I questioned given a glance at all their faces "How did you know where we'd be" I frowned.

"Well, to be honest, we followed you" Ra-Ra said raising his hands as if he didn't want to be accused of anything.

"Yeah and the reason for you all to follow us is?" I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest.

"We wanted to make amends with you to by inviting you both to the movies with us" Dizzee said biting his lip as if he was nervous.

"Y-Yeah Ever heard of S-tar W-w-" Ra-Ra tried talking but I assumed his nerves got the best of him, so therefore I had to interrupt him.

" Nervous I see. Do we scare you or something?" I smirked at the two who seemed like two cats near water. "Yeah, Star Wars? I know what you talking bout, but me and my sister got pla-" I was cut off.

"Yeah we down. What time?" Penny said looked at me as if she wanted me to join in on whatever she wanted to do, but my face scrunched up as I noticed how she was trying to blow off our plans of painting to hang out with them and honestly I was hurt snd upset all at once.

"No, I have plans, Penny is free to do whatever. Seems like that's all she wants to do anyways" I grabbed my bag of cans and stormed out of the room.

I just wanted peace at this point. This day was entirely too long and too full of bullshit, but for my own sister to ditch me? That was dirty man.

Me and Penelope were very close, since she was born I was always by her side. I never wanted her to ever feel alone in this cruel cold world, because  I know the feeling pretty well.

As I walked down the street I bobbed my head to my steps and continued on with my thinking. Penelope kept crossing my mind. She was so fragile, but most Small things hurts her more than big things and I never understood that about her because she'd break out in tears at the drop of a dime but she was as tough as nails when it came down to it.

I have no clue of how fast I might have been walking or how my thoughts held my attention, but I had made it to the wall faster than I'd expected. I stepped back and examined the blank wall, it was so neat and clean. It made me wonder why no one else has painted here yet. I took out my cans and began the job, letting myself let loose in the paint.

"Fuck you doing on our turf lil' girl? This Warlord territory!"