Chapter Two.

"Penny you woke? We got school. Get up" I said standing in her door with my towel wrapped around me. I always woke her after my shower because usually we'd fight over the bathroom which would wake my dad from his hangovers.

Penelope groaned as she rolled over and faced me. " Ew , naked Katrina in my door way is not a good sight to wake up to " she said smothering her face into her pillow.

"Because its actually the greatest thing to wake up to duh, now get up child, shower is all yours" I said as I walked to my room which is right next to hers.

Once I was half dressed I cracked my door open just so I could hear the TV which was in the living room. Every morning before school we would watch 'Platinum boogie'  which was our favorite music channel. I continued to get my things ready for school until a a certain voice from the Tv caught my attention.

It was Mylene, I knew I recognized her voice due to us attending the same church. Her father and mines used to be close friends back in the day I was told, but Mylene was making it big and I was happy for her, at least someone was making it out of The Bronx.

Me and Mylene weren't closest all. We have only spoken a few times, and those times weren't really conversations. Maybe a hug, but only in church because that's normally what you do, or maybe even a "Your hair looks bomb as fuck" or "Damn girl that dress looks good", but those was just when we accidentally ran into each other in the streets we called home.

I threw my back pack on and walked out my bedroom closing the door behind me. I spotted Penny with a glass of water and a couple Aspirins in her hand, and when I looked her in her face we made eye contact. That "He's going to be sick when he wakes and I just want him to be okay" look that she gave me pretty much every morning, I already knew the drill.

She set the things on his stand in his room and lightly shut his door, but somehow he still woke up called my name. He probably wasn't sleep in the first place. I walked to the back and rose a brow at him.

"Have a great day, you both look beautiful." He paused "can you-" I slammed the door earning a groan from the other side of it.  I was literally rolling my eyes the whole way out the door. When he called for us in the morning that means he wanted us to get stuff for him, and by stuff it most likely was between liquor or drugs.

We walked down the street in silence. Me and my sister were pretty close, but at times we knew things didn't have to be said.

"Kat, you see that?" Penny said as she pointed to a large blank wall.

"Yeah" I said dragging the 'h' a little.

"Tonight, that wall will be covered in our art" she said. I already knew she was picturing in her head everything she wanted to put there, her imagination was so big, and that made me happy knowing that one day it was going to get her somewhere.

" you got plans tonight?" I asked her

"Not any that I know of. Might stop and pick up some food. I don't know" she shrugged her shoulders. I reached my hand into my bra and pulled out some money. I handed her a twenty and put the rest back.

"That should cover you for today, if you don't get anything buy a couple cans for us. For later. Just meet me back at home later" I said looking down at her.

We were almost at school when we pasted by Mr and Mrs.Kipling salon. They were really nice people. Always helping the local kids and what not.

"Hey Katrina and Penelope! When are you two going to let me tame that hair of yours?" Mrs.Kipling said as we walked by making us laugh.

"Whenever we get the right amount to pay you!" Penny said with a smile

"Oh no! No one touches the curls" I said making her big smile turn into a laugh. Mr. And Mrs.Kipling were one of the first ones to really accept us as we were. They knew how we struggled, and treated us like normal people. It was never a moment where they looked at us as 'the kids with a alcohol and drug addicting slob of a dad" or "the mysterious girls who adores trouble and her follower of a sister who's just as bad as she is". No, to them we were Kyron Harris, Katrina Harris, and Penelope Harris.

" you know you don't have to pay a dime with us baby! You're like one of the kids!" Mrs.K said making us smile even harder "How bout you join us for dinner?" Mr.Kipling said as he released their kids from whatever talk they were having.

"Oh no, We wouldn't want to be a burden"

"Nonsense, you're always welcome here! Boo-Boo loves having Penelope over so I know for a fact the rest of them would love you too"