Chapter 35

*Savannah's POV* "Grams, this is my uh," you stumble over your words, wondering what to call Josh, "my friend and uh, roommate Josh." You don't know what to say, because Josh is more than your friend, much more. But he hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend. "Josh, this is my Grandma Rose." Josh moves forward a little bit extending his hand saying "It's nice to meet you ma'am. You have a lovely granddaughter." Your grandma takes his hand in hers and says "I do, don't I? and please, call me Rose. Ma'am makes me feel old." "Oh I uh, I'm sorry" Josh says at the same time you say "Grandma you are old." and you and your grandma both laugh, but Josh just looks nervous still. "Do you guys want something to eat?" She asks walking over to the fridge. "No we just ate, we just came to talk for a little bit. We had the day to do whatever we wanted so I wanted to come see you and introduce you to Josh." you tell her. "well then, lets go talk!" She says walking now towards the living room. You walk to Josh and push him to the living room, putting his chair right by the edge of the couch where you sit, and your grandma sits down in her recliner. "So Josh, tell me a little bit about yourself." you grandma says with a smile. "um, well I grew up in a small town in Kentucky called Union." he starts out, "but I also spent a lot of time here in LA, because I knew I wanted to be an actor from a small age. I'm 21 and just bought a house here in LA for myself. I've been in the hospital, for a little more than a month because I got in an accident. I guess that's about it, I'm nothing special." he says, and you grab his hand as he blushes. "Oh Josh, I believe that Savannah disagrees." your grandma whispers loud enough for you both to hear and now it's your turn to blush. You and Josh sit there with your grandma for a few hours, Henry and Rosie coming home after awhile, and joining you in the living room. After that, you and Josh say goodbye and leave. Although you love spending time with your Grandma and family, you and Josh only have a few hours left before you have to return and you want to spend some time with just him. As you get in the van Josh lets out a sigh of relief, and you giggle at him. "You did perfect Josh. She loves you." "I sure hope so." Josh says with a hint of a smile. "Where to next?" you ask, pulling out of the driveway. "Well maybe just somewhere we can sit and talk, not anywhere super busy. I mean unless you want to." Josh says. You think for a minute and then say "I know just the place." turning around to arrive at your destination. You drive for a few miles and then take a few turns and 15 minutes later you park the van in a small parking lot and once again helping Josh get out. "What is this place?" he asks as he looks out at the path. "I used to come here all the time with Raymond when I moved here and we were just friends. It's really nice spot to come when you wanna get away from the hustle and bustle of LA because almost nobody knows about it." You follow a bike path with Josh for a few hundred feet, and then turn and take a smaller path hidden almost completely to the naked eye from trees and high grass. Luckily, Josh's wheelchair is perfectly fine in the little bit of grass and soon you're on another path walking out to what feels like the middle of nowhere. There's another small opening hidden that enters into an above ground tunnel and then once you go through that you're in a small open meadow type of thing that's surrounded by trees. You go over a bridge that goes over a small stream that leads to a crystal clear pond with a jumping rope that is attached to a big oak tree next to it. "When I first saw this place I always kinda felt like it was my own bridge to terabithia." you say smiling at Josh a little bit. You wheel Josh over to a slab of concrete that somebody had a few lawn chairs and an old card table on. "This place is incredible. Josh says, and then he gets a semi serious look on his face and says "Can I ask you something?"