Chapter 14

*Savannah's POV* "What?" you say to Raymond, your voice breaking halfway through. "I just.. I don't think that we should see each other anymore." He responds, looking to the ground and avoiding your eye contact. "You don't think we should see each other anymore?" you question. "I hope we can still be friends.." he says quietly. "Are you actually coming here of all places and breaking up with me?" you ask. "I just don't think we work well together.." he says. "We don't work well together? really? We worked fine together last week. We worked fine together three months ago when I moved in with you. We worked fine together over a year ago when we started dating." At this point you're starting to get tears in your eyes. You try your best to push them away, you're so much stronger than this. You're stronger than this boy. Except if you really were, you wouldn't be needing to push away your tears. "I really am sorry." He says quietly. "For christ sake Ray. What on earth did I do? Why are you pushing me away like this." "It's really nothing you did." "Don't you fucking give me that 'it's not you, it's me' bullshit." You say, now raising your voice. You glance over towards Josh but you don't even care if he is hearing at this point. "That's not what I meant exactly.." Wait. Ohhhheeeelllllllll no. He's not.. He didn't.. He wouldn't. "You're breaking up with me because of this? Because I'm back here? Because I fucking have cancer? Really? What happened to all that I'll love you forever shit?" He doesn't say anything, which just certifies your suspicions. You're quiet for a minute and then in a completely calm voice, you say "You know.. I thought you were a good person. I thought that when you said 'I love you' you actually meant it. I thought that you knowing how much shit I went through growing up, would help you know that I need people in my life right now. But I guess I was wrong, about all of it." You take a deep breath and stare at him until he looks you in the eye. "Don't do this Savi, Don't end it this way. We had such a good time." Raymond says, "I really would like to stay friends, I just.. I really can't deal with this extra pressure right now." "I didn't end it this way, you did. I'll deal with all this pressure by myself. Henry will come and pick up my stuff tomorrow." you say to your now ex-boyfriend, "You can leave now." He looks you in the eye and then leans in to kiss your cheek. You lift your hand before he can and stop his face, "don't. touch. me." He turns and walks out of the room and it is silent until the tears come and your sobs fill the room. "Are You okay Savannah?" you hear Josh say a few moments later. "How much of that did you hear?" you ask him, he's the last person you want to talk about this with. But a person who's willing to talk about it nonetheless. "I uh.. I heard all of it. I wasn't sleeping when he came. I know I should've spoke up but I didn't wanna interrupt and I guess I didn't really expect something like that to happen." He says like he's embarrassed. You're both staring straight up at the ceiling, and you sniffle a bit before saying "That's okay. You uh, you can't help it that we share a room." "Do you need me to call Henry or somebody else? Your Mom Maybe? I could get the nurse in here so I could get out of bed and we could talk about it if you need to." Josh says sweetly. You remind yourself he doesn't know your parents died. People just assume you have parents because you're twenty, and twenty year olds are supposed to have parents. But now seems like an awfully awkward time to tell him. Plus, you're supposed to hate this guy. He's just another big headed celebrity. Not the guy who's gonna comfort you in your breakup. "I'm fine." you say in a harsh tone, "I can handle myself. I don't need your help, or anybody else's for that matter." "Alright uh.. just let me know if you need anything" Josh says, and with that your room returns to silence.