happy birthday?

k so for those of you who've read the other riverdale imagine thing i posted, i deleted it for my sake. i didn't like it so here i am w/ a new one!
and happy easter!
and in this one, betty and jug are never together.
also before you get confused, abs is my nickname so go w it.
(lowercase intended) ♕

-

i finished up with maths, my last class of the day before packing my bag and walking towards my locker, just down the hall.

before i get there, i see jughead talking with archie. he makes eye contact with me before making his way in my direction.

on the way, reggie and his group of football friends decide to shove jughead carelessly. "hey, guys! back off!" i shout at them. they barely acknowledge me before continuing.

"how was math?" he asks me as i open my locker. i shrug. "y'know, same old." i tell him, before shutting my locker.
"so where are we headed today?" i ask him as we walk out of the large school.

"pop's i guess." jug says. "m'kay. then you can help me with my math homework." i tell him as he lets out a slight chuckle.

later...
"i'll get a chocolate milkshake and onion rings." i tell pop, jughead orders the same. i send pop a wink before he walks off, smiling.

"oh no, what was that wink about, amanda?" jughead asks me, chuckling. "nothing." i reply,
"juggie," i begin. "yeah?" he replies, placing his hands on top of mine.

"happy birthday." i tell him. he rolls his eyes. "you know i hate it when you do that, yet you've done it for twelve years now." he says.

"you can't stop me." i tell him. pop soon comes back with two cupcakes and a sparkler in one of them. he gives jughead the one with the sparkler and me the plain one.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear jughead, happy birthday to you." i sing, nice and slow, not breaking eye contact.

"that's what the wink was for?!" he asks me. i smile. "hey, you listen to me, son. even if you don't wanna celebrate your birthday, i do. because it's the day that god sent me my best friend, and so yeah, i am gonna celebrate that." i tell him, with a little bit of sass.

he looks at me, a little taken aback but shrugs. "okay..." was all he said, chuckling slightly.

after watching our movie...
we made it to archie's house and he takes my hand, pulling me inside.

"we can celebrate today together then-" he begins before lights get turned on. "SURPRISE!" we both turn around and see archie, betty, veronica, kevin and his boyfriend, joaquin with a huge party set up.

jughead immediately looks at me, an eyebrow raised. "hey, don't look at me, i had no idea about this." i told him, my eyes shifting back towards our friends and stuff.

"and i was thinking we'd have a night to ourselves." he mumbles in my ear.

"well c'mon then, i didn't remake this cake twice just so you could stand there!" betty said.
jughead and i walk up, hugging archie. "you shouldn't have." jughead said, being completely honest.

i leaned in and hugged archie and furrowed my eyebrows together.
"have you been drinking?" i ask him. he laughs and looks back at me. "what? no." he lies.
we walked towards the dining room and waited for betty to bring out the cake.
and again, we sang the birthday song.
"make a wish." i said, placing my hand on his shoulder as he blew out the candles.
they all cheer and we eat cake, having a decent time.