9

Bailey P.O.V

"But why would she do that?" Ethan stutters. "Why would Ashley send them here?"

"To make me sound like a villain." I explain, as I think I may have cracked my cousin's master plan. "She sends the pap here. She makes me look like I'm stealing an international superstar away from her. She gets sympathy. The public support Ashley's and Olly's relationship, and I get trashed by everyone who reads the newspaper!"

"Oh," Olly exasperates. "I guess you have her sussed."

"We're family," the words feeling like stabbing pains throughout my abdomen. The feeling of nausea and sickness flows through my bloodstream, to every single cell in my organs. "I've had her sussed since I could talk."

"So, what now?" Ethan asks. "How do we get rid of them?"

"Well, the paparazzi are controlled by money and power," Olly states.

"Yeah, but we don't have that money or power."

"But I know someone who does."

Olly shoots me a cute but devious smirk, pulling his phone out of his pocket, and dialling a number, placing the phone to his ear.

Ethan and I look over at each other, Olly smiling at the both of us, obviously having some sort of crafty plan. His phone stops ringing, whoever on the other end picking up and greeting him.

"Oh, hey Simon... I'm good thank you... yes I know I'm late and I'm really, really sorry... yes... the pap are outside, I can't get out of where I am... Oxford University, St. Benet's Hall, room 448 ... I'm visiting... ok... yeah thank you so much... ok... see you soon." Olly finishes, ending the call. "So that was Simon."

"Cowell?" Ethan questions in shock.

"Yeah." He smirks. " He said he's gonna get his security to drive down here outside of the hall; he will give me a call back when they arrive. When they do though, you and I have to keep our heads down and get to the car as soon as possible."

My heartbeat quickens. Am I going with him?

"Wait? Why am I coming?"

"I'll tell you soon." He grins, "but for now, we just have to wait until they get here. It shouldn't be too long. Five minutes tops."

"Oh ok, well Ethan," I say, turning to him where he has now finished his banana and is picking grapes from the floor from yesterday evening. "Will you be alright if James talks you through Tuesday's theory?"

"Yeah that's fine don't worry, but which book was it from?" He asks as I walk over towards the left bookshelf with him and point the book out.

"Page 186-198," I start flicking through a few of the pages, making sure I'm up to date with the theory too, when there's a call on Olly's phone that he picks up immediately.

"Hey, you outside?... Yeah, so Cal and Ryan are outside the door?... Cool. We'll be 3 minutes."

"You ready Bailey?" He asks me as he takes my hand, walking me to the door.

"Are you sure I should be coming?"

"Yes, I promise you-you're gonna be ok." He says, squeezing my hand and giving me that extra reassurance. "So when I open the door, you'll see Ryan and Caleb, my two security guards. Stay close to them, keep holding my hand, keep your head down and I'll lead you through. Just ignore the paparazzi and don't answer what they ask or say, ok."

"You've done this before then." I laugh.

"More times than necessary." He tells me, leading me closer to the door, unlocking it and laying his hand on the doorknob, ready to open it.

"You ready?" He checks again. I nod, showing him I'm ok, and he swings the door open, giving my hand a tighter grip.

The bright lights seem even brighter, the noise even louder. The crowd has grown, students adding up to see what's going on, why in the midst the pap have turned up. Olly begins to walk me through, an echo of my name and Olly's name is all I can hear.

I keep my eyes on Olly's feet and the floor, walking through the pathway the two guards are making, and trying my hardest to ignore the flashing blinding lights on the corner of my eyes. My stomach clenches, the amount of people, more than I've ever seen, more than there should be in a crowded University hallway.

We somehow make our way through the stairwell and outside to the car park, to the central grounds outside of St. Benet's hall, where a black limousine is waiting for us both.

The large security officer, built like superman, a blank expression and edging on seven feet tall swings the door open, allowing Olly to climb in and me after him, the door shutting and the sound being muffled, but the lights still flashing towards the car, the banging on the windows keeps coming whilst the car is stationary.

"Wow, that was, surreal." I giggle, looking over at Olly who to him, it seems that was a normal 10 o clock morning activity. Which, it probably was.

"You get surprisingly used to it." He smiles, squeezing my hand again as the car starts and the people outside move quickly away, trying their hardest not to be run over or squashed.

Soon enough, we're out on the motorway, and the crowd has dissipated, only other cars and bridges and signposts in sight. The limousine is huge, with purple surround lighting, low music playing, fruit bowls and a massive stretched out black leather seat, alcohol for your disposal too. I'm sure there's probably a master bedroom and walk-in wardrobe hidden somewhere.

"So, I'm sure you love being mysterious and stuff Murs." I start, smiling up at him from beside him, "But where are we really going?"

His face gets closer to mine, closer than need be in a limo this vast. "You're gonna meet my boss. He loves singers and songwriters. And don't worry, it's nothing massive, but it might help you pay off your University loan."

"Seriously?" I stutter. "So what are you really getting at Mr Murs?"

"D'you wanna help me write some songs for my album? We can sing a few, write a few, and you can meet my friend Max too." he asks me, the bubbling of excitement suddenly erupting.

"Your serious? Yeah I will!" my throat cracks with humbleness and exagerration; a smirk I didn't know my face could handle.

"I'm serious Bailey." He leans even closer. "I thought you'd like the day out. Plus Simon is gonna love you... just like I do."

And his face is as close as it can get, because for the second time, Olly is making out with me. He's kissing me with as much passion as I never thought anyone could, and I like it. He pulls me onto his lap, as for some reason the rule of seatbelts is overrated in such classy transport. Running his hands through my hair, I sit on his hips and return the favour.

Because for getting the chance to do something like this, meeting the one and only Simon Cowell and having an input in Olly Mur's new debut album, it's really the least I can do.